PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Irish Hiking Scarf - Opinion needed

melissa.atkins
09-10-2006, 01:50 PM
I am working in a couple of things right now... the pair of socks that I havent finished yet... :?? and this scarf... which seems to be tighter than it should... opinions... please... ;)

jberry16
09-10-2006, 02:20 PM
I think it's pretty. If you think it's too tight you could always keep going till you think it's long enough to make a little purse out of and then sew a lining into it and it would be less likely to curl. Or you could take it all out (frog it) and start over with bigger needles. :shrug:

jberry16
09-10-2006, 02:24 PM
look at this post http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17740
And I saw this after I posted a minute ago. :teehee:

hydeemarie
09-10-2006, 04:05 PM
I think it is really pretty, i like the yarn! :heart: :heart: I am making the same scarf right now, and yours looks just the same as mine! mine is in pink! my fav color. :happydance: I like the suggestion of making a purse though. i'll have to try that as well!

janelanespaintbrush
09-10-2006, 06:09 PM
I think it looks great. Unless it's unbearably stiff (is that why you think it's too tight?), I'd just keep going. That color is beautiful!

melissa.atkins
09-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Thank you! You all make me feel better... ;)

It isnt stiff... but it worries me that I cant see the columns between the braids unless I strech it...

One more thing... once I finish it and wash it... it should strech a little bit too, right? :??

rebecca
09-11-2006, 11:16 AM
I think it's lovely. do you mean block it? What fiber are you using? Some fibers don't block.

melissa.atkins
09-12-2006, 01:27 AM
It is 100% acrylic... it is sooo thick! I was thinking maybe when I wash it the stitches will strect a little bit... Do you think it will work? :??

Mo0nAngel
09-12-2006, 02:04 AM
wowwwww i love that bright color!!! :D it does look kind of tight..but if it feels ok, meaning it doesn't feel rough, then its fine! :) nice pattern!!

knitterma
09-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Hmm...blocking acrylic...worth a shot anyhow. Usually if you were having that problem with a wool or a cotton, blocking would definitely alleviate the stuck-togetherness. Couldn't hurt to try. I think if you were to wash it, I'd leave it out of the dryer...seems like heat would make it more likely to curl up on you...