PDA

View Full Version : 911

hellokitty165
09-11-2006, 10:16 AM
My prayers :pray: goes to those who lost their lives and those who lost their love ones.... i am watching ABC NEws and i felt so sad and cannot help crying :crying: recalling what i saw on TV that particular day 5 years ago...May god bless all american and those who are fighting the war

mulene
09-11-2006, 10:19 AM
RIP all who passed on that day from all nationalities involved.

And RIP all who have passed since then in the conflicts raised after this event. God bless our service men and women from all over the globe who have gone into this war.

rebecca
09-11-2006, 10:35 AM
My prayers are with everyone.

CarmenIbanez
09-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Is anyone else still having a really hard time with this? I just can't watch the shows, or the memorials or the movies or specials. I can't listen to the radio stuff. It still hurts so much and I still feel so raw about the whole thing. I don't understand because I didn't really lose anyone that I knew and others have suffered so much more than I have. I just don't know why it is still so upsetting to me after 5 years.

cookworm
09-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Carmen, I don't know if it will make you feel better or not, but I too have a difficult time watching coverage of 9/11, etc. even though I didn't lose anyone that I personally knew that day. I know it's been 5 years, but the feelings are still pretty raw for me too. I think about all of the people that lost spouses, children that lost parents, and parents that lost their children, and it makes me cry. It was a major event in our country's history; I equate it with how many Americans felt the day that Pearl Harbor was bombed. I think it's okay to be sad today. It is a tragic day. :heart:

Sissy
09-11-2006, 01:54 PM
:verysad: I didnt lose anyone or know anyone who did. That was the worst day of my life.I remember I was sitting on the couch watching Katie and Matt and all of a sudden they said they had breaking news about a plane that had hit 1 of the towers...........from that second on I was in shock seeing what followed.When they said it was a terror attack I spit my coffee all over , not believing what I was hearing.
I just remember this helpless feeling sitting in the middle of Texas and not being able to do anything for anyone.
My daughter was due to have our 1st grandbabyi n Dec, and I was afraid for her to be born into this scary place.
This morning I watched it all over again and cried.......... :verysad:
GOD BLESS AMERICA

yarnfreak
09-11-2006, 02:41 PM
I cannot bring myself to watch any of it. I didn't lose anybody that day, but it still makes me so sad. Maybe it's because my husband is now in Iraq because of that day. Don't feel alone in your sadness. I think that's why they are having those things on the tv. There are so many that feel the same way that you do, and it helps to remember.

nadja la claire
09-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Is anyone else still having a really hard time with this? I just can't watch the shows, or the memorials or the movies or specials. I can't listen to the radio stuff. It still hurts so much and I still feel so raw about the whole thing. I don't understand because I didn't really lose anyone that I knew and others have suffered so much more than I have. I just don't know why it is still so upsetting to me after 5 years.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!! I've been listening to the jazz/big band station instead of my local NPR station. What's even worse is that some are exploiting the deaths of all those poor people for political and financial means. I pray for us all today.

Nadja xxx

mks22300
09-11-2006, 06:52 PM
I haven't been able to watch any of it either. I still remember clearly where I was that morning, I was watching the Today show too and was in total shock.
It hit me while I was doing calendar with my pre-schoolers that they weren't even born yet or were just tiny little babies at the time...

Secksiebrat
09-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Today is a very mixed emotion day for me. My dad worked a couple miles away from the pentagon and I still remember seeing the smoke from the pentagon (I was in college). He called to tell me I might have to come get him because all lines in and out where shut down. So it's sad to remember what was there as I went many times to new york for art bus trips as I was an art major.

But in the same respect, I have joy in my heart because my son is 2 years old today. I have to remember that God can take lives away and it is sad, but in the same respect he gives life and I have my son to show for that.

~danielle~

knitncook
09-11-2006, 10:16 PM
I haven't watched any of the coverage today either. I just can't watch it. Haven't seen any of the movies based on the 9/11 incidences either. Just not ready. While I didn't lose anyone on that day, one of my online friends did and another's dh only escaped because he was home with the flu that day! Had he gone to work he would have been on the floor where the first plane went in. :(

knitqueen
09-11-2006, 10:28 PM
I was pregnant with Levi when 9/11 occurred. It was my day off from work, a Tuesday, and I was just getting up in the morning when I heard about it on the news. We are on the west coast so it had already happened a few hours earlier. I think that all 4 of the planes had crashed by the time I started hearing about it. We didn't have TV at the time so I remember sitting and watching the news about it on the internet. It affected me deeply, but I don't remember feeling so overwelmed by it on past anniversaries of this day than I do today. I don't know why. It has had me in tears a few times. I am not even an American. It was a sad day in the whole world.

BinkyKat
09-11-2006, 10:37 PM
I haven't seen any tv today since I was at work all day, but I did put up our flag before I left for work.
I remember that day too, and I also don't have any personal ties to it. But I remember turning on the Today show just to have something different on the tube while I got ready for work. I was flipping it over to NBC and saw the smoky building and wondered "did they miss the airport?" Then I saw the 2nd plane hit and instantly I knew there had to be something terribly wrong. I stood there with my toothbrush hanging out of my mouth. Then I called work and told my girlfriend what I saw. She said that somebody mentioned something about it but she sort of shrugged it off. I then heard them announce on the radio that the 1st building was falling (as I was driving to work) and I just felt sick. I couldn't believe those buildings could fall that "easily" ? I called my dad and he hadn't heard a thing, the one day he hadn't had the tv or the radio on! A friend of mine had just gotten married the saturday before and she and her new hubby were shocked at what they heard when they were told that all flights were grounded as they had been packing all morning and not had the tv on. I remember my mom calling me and telling me that this was my generation's "Kennedy assassination." She was a new mom with a tiny new baby and she said she wept and wept when Kennedy was killed because she suddenly feared the world she was now living in.
I too can't find the strength to go to the movies that are out or to watch much more of the footage. I get choked up more so when I see the footage of people running through the streets and the buildings falling. Sometimes I feel guilty that perhaps some may think I don't care, but I do. I don't know anyone personally that was there so my sadness and anger seems unfocused. I have a hard time understanding why anyone would want to do this..to anyone, not just the USA, but ANY country.

My heartfelt prayers and love still go out to any and all those lost and or affected by this century's Pearl Harbor of sorts. I hope we can somehow salvage a world of peace from all that is going on in our world.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

psammeadred
09-11-2006, 11:03 PM
9-11-01 was hard for me because my dad was in the military (he had flown over NYC the day before) and I was away at college by myself. :(

I'm from Oklahoma City, so terrorism isn't exactly a new thing for us. Today, we had a Freedom Walk from the OKC bombing memorial to the ballpark. It was one of the most fantastic things I've ever been to. Five thousand people were registered to come; not sure how many turned up. There was a guy with his rescue dog that had been to both OKC and NYC, a lady who had served in Vietnam, and lots of current military.

The terrorists should quit wasting their time. They try to scare us into hiding, and look what happens!

God bless America and our troops!

ETA: According to the news, there were 3,000 people at the Freedom Walk. Take that, terrorists!