PDA

View Full Version : Postmodern Legwarmers

Talula Fairie
09-14-2006, 12:54 PM
I find it amusing that this same designer (who also does Glampyre knits) makes half the stuff I have planned for future projects :O I digress.

Who wants to make some postmodern legwarmers? You know you do!

I need something mindless + easy. I was thinking of buying my yarn on Friday (tomorrow) and starting then. Of course I can wait until later if we have a lot of joiners who need more time. Though since it doesn't take much yarn I'm thinking a lot of you probably have some in your stashes.

Here is the link to the pattern.

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring03/PATTlegwarmers.html

rebecca
09-14-2006, 02:03 PM
They are too cute, I have a gazillion projects on my list right now and can't add another..but, they are too cute!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-14-2006, 02:24 PM
I love these!!!! they've been on my "to knit list" for a while... and leg warmers are coming back!!

Talula Fairie
09-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Well I am DEFINITELY starting these bad boys on Friday, I think. Though I can wait if a lot of people respond saying they can do it but at a later date. I NEED an easy project.

OH and yes, legwarmers are back! They're hot. I plan on buying some black leggings and wearing them with the legwarmers and a cute skirt. And Dansko clogs. It would be very hip. At least, in my mind. We'll see how it looks in practice ;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-14-2006, 07:03 PM
AAaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, even though no one knows what it is yet, this pattern will work PERFECTLY for the October Monthly Challenge!!! :yay: Don't wait until then though, cast on those babies!!!! You'll be the first one to complete the challenge in October! :happydance:

Talula Fairie
09-14-2006, 07:09 PM
I am going to get to work on those bad boys tomorrow. Knitting on the flat in stockinette sounds like heaven to me right about now. Note to self: next time you do cables, buy a cable needle and don't do it on DPNs.

Talula Fairie
09-20-2006, 02:17 AM
I finished the first pair, and I am onto pair #2...so if anyone wants to join in, please do! they're really cute. check out the pics I posted in Whatcha Knitting.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-20-2006, 06:24 PM
they look great!!!!!! And they complement your fetchings, too, which are ALSO great!!!!!!!

I love the pink, too. Not that I was personally thinking about YOU, I was like, Hey, those are juuuuuust sexy enough to turn a guy on (I imagined knitting a pink pair with a little black bow at the top).

I'm glad you had success!!!! :hug: For your next pair of fetchings, you may want to try knitting them on 2 circs instead of DPNs; NO STABBING of the eyeballs with those!

Congrats!!