PDA

View Full Version : May I introduce myself?

fluffypechey
09-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Hello to you all. Some of you may have seen me on here already. I have kind of done this the wrong way round :teehee:

I jumped in the other day when my first Hank of beautiful wool arrived after I had got into the biggest muddle ever :oops: I asked you for help. You will be pleased to know the Hanks are alive and well and rolled into beautiful balls.

My name is Sharon I live in Norfolk, England Uk. I am married I have two grown children 25 and 19. I have seven cats (I used to do cat rescue).
I am disabled with Arthritis sometimes I use a wheelchair sometimes I cant even get out of bed. Its been hard giving up the cat rescue. I felt I had nothing to do with my life. Many friends have dropped me as I let them down couldnt always make meetings and dates we planned. You never know how you are from one day to the next.

Anyway enough of my illness. I thought one day about some wool I had and the idea was a good one. I used to knit but havnt for a long time. So I went on Ebay I KNOW I know many of you do :roflhard:
I have bought so much wool and patterns its ridiculous really :teehee:

I have been so pleased with this board I think you are a great gang of people. I have had such a warm welcome. I hope I can add something to the group....even if its the odd silly question :teehee: .
I have looked forward to my emails each day to see what you are all doing.

Thanks everyone.

Ok off to knit my project at the moment is a spiral scarf on a circular needle which I have never ever used before and eyelash wool. It will be great (I hope) when its done. I must say it nearly got binned last night :rofl: but I settled for throwing it across the room and two cats attacked it but it seems to have survived its ordeal.

I will post photo when its done hopefully this weekend all being well.
Sorry if this is so long that you have all fallen asleep....

:muah: Sharon

Calabaza
09-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Welcome!!!!! :muah:

Jenelle
09-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Welcome to KH! :waving:

mks22300
09-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Welcome! :hug:

Sissy
09-14-2006, 07:29 PM
:hug: :muah: Sharon,its so nice to meet you.I enjoy this group alot.I love to read about all the different projects,yarns and boo boo's.If I could stay off the board there might be hope for my knitting, but I cant ,so slowly I knit.......... :happydance:

aylaanne
09-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Nope, you may NOT introduce yourself. We don't let anyone introduce themselves on here. ;)

Just kidding. :teehee: It's great to meet you! :cheering: :cheering:

knitqueen
09-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Welcome!! :waving:

fluffypechey
09-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Nope, you may NOT introduce yourself. We don't let anyone introduce themselves on here. ;)

My little face just dropped when I read that :roflhard: :roflhard:

I thought you meant it :roflhard:

Amber
09-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Welcome!

Can't wait to see your scarf!

dustinac
09-14-2006, 09:09 PM
:cheering: Welcome to the forum!!!

aylaanne
09-15-2006, 09:38 AM

My little face just dropped when I read that :roflhard: :roflhard:

I thought you meant it :roflhard:

Oh no of course I didn't mean it. We love getting new people all the time. I also love being sarcastic and snarky, so I hope your little face didn't stay dropped for too long. Welcome to the funhouse!
:muah: :muah: :muah: ayla

kemp
09-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Welcome Sharon!

Mo0nAngel
09-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Wecome!!! :D :hug: :hug:

aineepooh1
09-15-2006, 11:13 AM
....Two cats attacked the yarn when you threw it across the room...
HMMM.. WELCOME TO MY HOUSE...!!! I don't throw my yarn (usually) but I most definitely have cats on patroll..
I LOVE that you did cat rescue. My beautiful calico( I always wanted a calico) came from a local cat rescue organization (FURR)-Feline Rescue and Rehome.. sandy the lady I got her from was full of suggestion and help right after I got her.
I love my kitties-- they keep me company!! :heart: :heart:

fluffypechey
09-15-2006, 07:15 PM
I love my cats too! I loved doing the rescue but due to ill health gave it up. However everyone knows I am the crazy cat lady and they keep knocking on my door....what can I do :shrug:
I cant turn them away I have to sort it. My husband says I cant save them all but I have a %^$%^^ good try.
I love calicos I have one called Scumptious and she has a beauty spot on her face.

Ok enough about cats and back to knitting..... now who chewed my wool? :grrr:

:hug: Sharon

shore--alpaca
09-15-2006, 10:43 PM
p.s. what does fluffypechey mean? :) Every time I read it I think of the Italian word (pesca) for peach. ;) :)

fluffypechey
09-16-2006, 09:23 AM
Oh I love that photo :heart:

The Pechey is my last name. It is pronounced as petchey. How lovely the italian for peach.

Thanks for the welcome.

snowbear
09-16-2006, 08:53 PM
:hug: welcome, welcome, welcome.. I'm so glad someone else throws their yarn across the room... my cat has learned when it flies.. run! lol

The people on this forum is soo wonderful and knowledgeable and helpful. I've been knitting almost 2 yrs.. and still feel like a newbie.. It is wonderful to have a place that distance is removed... and we all can talk & help each other... hugs.. and welcome....

fluffypechey
09-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks so much Snowbear I totally agree with you about this forum.

Some of my cats run but some attack it! Some of them sit nicely by my legs chewing through the yarn. All of a sudden it feels kind of light and I have an end in my hand!! :grrr: But who could be without them :heart:

Jan in CA
09-17-2006, 01:27 AM
Welcome to the forum! There are lots of cat lovers here as you've no doubt discovered altough I don't know if any others have 7! :teehee:

Here's our two..

Marshmallow
http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/2670398-Th.jpg

Martini (but she's more often known as; Monster, Beast, Terror Beast, etc...) :teehee:
http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/77909802-Th.jpg

Mo0nAngel
09-17-2006, 01:42 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww those cats are beautiful!!!! especially marshmellow!! :D:D

skNYC
09-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Welcome aboard! :cheering:

knitncook
09-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Oh goodie! Another knitting and cat lover. 2 of our three cats were from cat rescue groups which we got as kittens (although we weren't necessarily going after kittens either time - they just spoke to us) Our oldest cat was a "rescue" out of a cardboard box at a garage sale with a "free to good home" sign on it. These have been the best, sweetest, and loving cats ever. (And, having said that, later today they will probably decide to strew my yarn all over the living room again!) :D

Welcome to the group! Happy knitting!

fluffypechey
09-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Michelle the rescues are the best IMO.
As for strewing your knitting thats their job ;-)

I think I have added a couple of photos of mine to this. I cant add them all 7 is too much.
Here goes lets see if I can do this :??

Ok edited I did a preview (I think I am getting the hang of this now if only I could get the hang of difficult knitting patterns)
Thanks for the warm welcome.

fluffypechey
09-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Ok are you all ready?? :cheering:

Here is the LOOPA scarf. Made with Chenille and some of my beautiful hank I untangled the other day :teehee:

Let me know what you think.

And I know its not 'Real' knitting but it is fun :cheering:

VictoiseC
09-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Well we've met in other places ha ha! Hi sharon... just noticed this post. love that name of yours fluffypechey!

Like the scarf too, that's a fun thing to wear.
Sorry about your arthritis, that must be so painful for you. I'm beginning to feel it more and more too but it's just in my fingers right now.

Well, I must continue the roll on the cat pictures... although I have a bunch of alpaca pix too. There is an alpaca farm 15 minutes away from me with about 300 or so, I go visit all the time. They're like from outer space!

I WISH I could have 7 cats!

Vic

fluffypechey
09-17-2006, 06:02 PM
Vic now you have my attention where have we met before :shrug:

I absolutely adore your photos of the Alpacas. I want one yes here in the back garden ohhhhhhhhhhh arhhhhhhhhhhhh :teehee:

Your cat photos are great too. I love the knitted cat basket. Do you have a pattern??

I am sorry to hear of your fingers hurting. I am lucky its everywhere but not in my fingers or my 'head' :roflhard: Arthritis is a nasty horrible thing and I wish there was a cure maybe one day. Until then we can bravely bear it which I try to do everyday :happydance:

I would love to know where we have met before.... :shrug:

If there is a spare alpaca that needs rescuing let me know ok? :wink:
I shall post a couple more pictures of the kitties here.
I wont put too many or you may be bored :oops:

VictoiseC
09-22-2006, 01:20 PM
(We met in my other post Vintage Knits! ) :happydance:

Nikki
09-22-2006, 01:37 PM
:waving: Hi Sharon, glad to 'know' you. Welcome to KH

VictoiseC
09-23-2006, 09:32 AM
I forgot to post the link for the kitty pi bed...

Here it is:

http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybed.htm

Be sure to check out the gallery of pictures to see all the different kinds.
They're so sweet. Mine didn't felt up right unfortunately, remained flat as a pancake (I think I used some wrong machine washable wool) but the cats love it anyhow. One of these days I'll make another one. It takes time.

Is that your kitty on top of a garden arbor thingy? :rofl:

fluffypechey
09-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Yes thats Korky!! He scales up the side and surveys the area!!

Thanks for the link. They are gorgeous the cats would love one. There are so many beds around here. But then there are so many cats too! :teehee:

Korky on top of the archway is an ex-feral who I originally fostered :whistle: It took me 6 months to be able to touch him and pet him. He is now a cuddle puss. He loves that archway :heart: