PDA

View Full Version : I will probably be banned for this ;-)

fluffypechey
09-16-2006, 12:01 PM
I have bought a Loopa :oops:

I have had it for months in the cupboard. It says easy on it! But everytime I read the instructions I just did not 'get' it.

I got it out yesterday and had a go. Its stunning I love it!! I think I have the Loopa bug now. This will last for a little while and then back to my knitting.

Has anyone else got one? Will anyone else own up to having one?

Shall I post a photo or not?

:hug: Sharon

nadja la claire
09-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Please forgive me, I know this is probably a stupid question....but what's a Loopa? :??

Nadja xxx

fluffypechey
09-16-2006, 12:43 PM
:roflhard: Thought this was my ban message.
Its a piece of plastic .....hang on I will post a link ........

http://www.angelyarns.com/sirdar/loopa.php

See what you think it is a nice little thing. The scarves it makes are fantastic.
Very glamorous.

nadja la claire
09-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Hmmm. I've never seen one before. I've seen knitting boards and Yarn-A-Rounds but never a Loopa. Oh well what ever :shrug: I don't see why you would be banned. I don't know if my vote counts but as far as I'm concerned you're still in. :hug:

Nadja xxx

knitaddict
09-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Well I did a google on it and all I came up with was a rectangular looking thing with a hole in the middle of it. :?? :?? It said it was for making scarves, but I can't figure out what a piece of plastic does. :??

rebecca
09-16-2006, 01:55 PM
cool, I've never heard of a loopa, either...How does this creation work, anyway?!

gardenmommy
09-16-2006, 02:19 PM
It uses yarn, it counts. ;)

Mo0nAngel
09-16-2006, 07:37 PM
shame on you!! that is cheating!!! :teehee: LOL :P kidding!!..well thats cool, an easy way to make a scarf... :)

fluffypechey
09-16-2006, 10:16 PM
I have already made 3 :roflhard: Its so easy my 20 year old son did one :roflhard:
I had to promise and swear I wouldnt tell his friends :roflhard:

It is fun and a quick way to finish something.

Glad not to have been banned :teehee:

aineepooh1
09-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Hmme Never heard of that.. but you know here in the US the knifty knitter is in almost every LYS I go to...
Whatever floats your boat..!!
Keep us posted with pics.. it's sure has fired up my curosity..!

fluffypechey
09-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Ok I will post photos tomorrow. I have not been well today. So I will do it tomorrow. I love them hope you will too!

Thanks for all your interest in my LOOPA :roflhard:

SandraEllen
09-18-2006, 10:27 AM
i had never heard of a Loopa so an internet search was in order.

I even found instructions (http://www.knitandsew.co.uk/prab128.htm).

fluffypechey
09-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Did you all see the photos?

I think I messed up and posted something in a wrong thread!!

I blame the drugs (prescription I must add).

:cheering: :??

Love Sharon

fluffypechey
09-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Ok are you all ready?? Cheering
I actually posted this last night in the wrong bit

Here is the LOOPA scarf. Made with Chenille and some of my beautiful hank I untangled the other day Giggling

Blowing a kiss Sharon

Let me know what you think.

And I know its not 'Real' knitting but it is fun Cheering

A cat acts the way it feels.

A LOOPA lover here Wink

slgn
09-19-2006, 03:29 PM
so is it kinda like a long, rectangular pom-pom? I'm just trying to visualize here...

ETA: oops never mind. Just read instructions a second time. It's loops (hence the name "Loopy") but you leave them loop-y (whereas a pom-pom or fringe you would cut).

very interesting. it looks quick and easy.

fluffypechey
09-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Very Quick and very very easy even kids can do them.

Thats probably the only reason why I finished it :oops:

Mo0nAngel
09-19-2006, 06:50 PM
well I like it!! I love loops!! :P and that loopy scarf is beautiful!! nice colors!! :cheering:

fluffypechey
09-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Ohh thanks a lot :hug:

misstialouise
09-22-2006, 04:36 AM
I got a mini one on one of the Simply Knitting mags.. GREAT concept.... :D Good for those "oh crap" last minute gifts.. ;)

fluffypechey
09-22-2006, 05:18 AM
I got a mini one from ebay. Its a lot easier to hold whilst working it. The large one I found to be awkward to hold and work. Probably because I am not very supple due to arthritis.
You are right about last minute gifts.
I also have done one and wound it round the headboard to the bed. It looks very pretty. Its a metal ornate headboard. Just one of my strange ideas lol.

mwedzi
09-22-2006, 02:26 PM
I think I saw something like this at my LYS. I do love the colors. I'll have to check it out.

pvsduck
09-22-2006, 03:11 PM
I looked at the instructions and it looks to me like it is the same as hairpin lace. A new use for an old tool?

The scarves made on the Loopa look really nice.