PDA

View Full Version : I DID IT..! *PUTTING CREDIT CARD IN FREEZER NOW*

snowbear
09-16-2006, 08:44 PM
I did it. :happydance: I had been working overtime to pay off bills... well.... I did...pay off bills, but kept working the ot. Yesterday I was able to finally buy all the stuff .... no wait... some of the stuff I've been drooling over.... 4 different yarns, special notions, and a new yarn bag. I am soo bad. I haven't spent this much on just yarn ever. Also my lys is having a moving sale.. soooo not fair.. but picked up some beautiful yarn at 40% off.. So I had to buy it.. right? :thinking: Please tell me I'm right....oh and picked up some new books... so.. now I have all kinds of projects to do for Christmas. Great excuse.. right? Please help my guilty feelings... I never splurge like this.. but buying now for Christmas means no big bill at Christmas right? :X:

Ingrid
09-16-2006, 08:55 PM
You're absolutely, positively, definitely right! On all counts!

Putting my card in the freezer doesn't work. I know the number by heart. :shifty:

Mo0nAngel
09-16-2006, 09:14 PM

Putting my card in the freezer doesn't work. I know the number by heart. :shifty:
hahahaha :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: thats hilarious Ingrid!! :P
I agree you are sooo right...some people don't understand it, but we do!! :D
darn I was shopping today with mom and we went to this store where I knew there was going to be yarn and so off I went in search for the mercery aisle and found all these beautiful colors..so I grabbed a basket, naturally, and picked out a few skeins, and then went to meet up with mom at the cash register, she practically yelled..WHAt?? MORE YARN?! NO...PUT IT BACK!! LOL! so I ended up just buying 3 skeins I needed for one of the scarves i'm knitting....is there really such a thing as too much yarn?? :teehee: :??

Ingrid
09-16-2006, 09:21 PM
....is there really such a thing as too much yarn?? :teehee: :??

NO!!!

rebecca
09-16-2006, 09:23 PM
don't feel guilty!!!!! You did the right thing! It's not like you are buying crack or something! Go for it, and a sale, well, that's reason enough right there!

My goodness, I placed 5 different yarn orders in the past week and I'm on a yarn diet...LOL, you should see me when I'm not :wink:

Nikki
09-16-2006, 09:43 PM

:roflhard: Oh Ingrid, you made me truly LOL!

Snowbear-what good is all that OT if you can't treat yourself? Good for you!

AnreeAce
09-16-2006, 09:50 PM
You worked hard, be good to yourself!

40% off yarn...:thud:

There's no way you could've resisted that! Why would you even try!

Have fun with it! :muah:

Mo0nAngel
09-16-2006, 09:52 PM
....is there really such a thing as too much yarn?? :teehee: :??

NO!!!

hahaha thanks!!! good to know!! :rofl: :rofl:

snowbear
09-16-2006, 11:14 PM
:hug: :hug: To all of you... I'm not use to spulgering on myself...lol You have made me feel great!... and since most of this will be used for Xmas gifts , it is easy to justify...

Thanks to all of you.. I love this forum...

:heart:

Indygirl
09-17-2006, 02:20 PM
don't feel guilty!!!!! You did the right thing! It's not like you are buying crack or something! Go for it, and a sale, well, that's reason enough right there!

My goodness, I placed 5 different yarn orders in the past week and I'm on a yarn diet...LOL, you should see me when I'm not :wink:

Well, It does give a great high though :happydance: I use to feel guilty about all the stash I have. I owe It to Ingrid, I have recovered from all my guilt feelings :happydance: She is not a enabler she is a, Yarn Shopping Counselor. :eyebrow: Have a great day and have fun with your new purchase.

samm
09-17-2006, 05:40 PM
MoOnangel you are definitely normal. As far as the folks here go!!! Your mom is totally wrong!!!! Keep on knittin' ! samm

aylaanne
09-17-2006, 06:16 PM
I know my number by heart, too. Even the little numbers on the back. :oops:

Ingrid
09-17-2006, 06:26 PM
I know my number by heart, too. Even the little numbers on the back. :oops:

Glad to know I'm not alone. :teehee:

gardenmommy
09-17-2006, 10:35 PM
I think you'll get at least triple your return and enjoyment:

1) The purchase itself and fondling said yarns.

2) The process of knitting the projects.

3) The giving of said knit projects!

Sounds like a great investment to me!

CarmenIbanez
09-18-2006, 11:42 AM
We're worth it.