PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knit with patons sws?

ctmax
09-17-2006, 10:33 AM
I was knitting an earflap hat for my one year old and when I looked down my fingers were blue. Has this happened to anyone else? When I am down knitting this If I wash it once will it stop bleeding? I don't want to turn my son into a smurf. Before I saw it bleeding I was loving this yarn.

Witchy Mama
09-17-2006, 10:47 AM
:roflhard: sorry sorry I have images of all these kids running around with blue heads hehehe.

um an no I have never used that yarn, its weird patons over here seems to be completely diffent to there even though they use the same logo and everything

knitncook
09-17-2006, 12:20 PM
what color are you working with? I almost bought some of this the other day and opted to wait until I had a "real pattern" for it first. Most likely a bag or purse for my mom. I'm just curious which color to avoid so I don't turn out blue too! :roflhard:

knit-errant
09-17-2006, 01:35 PM
I used some to make a little shrug for myself and I'm currently working on a sweater for my daughter. I used Natural Earth and Natural Denim; I haven't noticed bleeding with those.

In my experience it's not a bad yarn, though it did seem to be a little splitty, and as I knitted it it did get kind of a fuzzy 'halo,' for lack of a better way of putting it.

ctmax
09-17-2006, 02:24 PM
I'm using the natural denim. My fingers aren't super blue, but they due have a blue ting to them. I found the yarn was a little fuzzy as well. It made it hard to frog when I found out the hat was going to be to small for his head.

Phretys
09-17-2006, 03:05 PM
I felted a small purse in the Geranium (darker pink) colorway and didn't notice any bleeding during the hot wash process. It must be a problem with just the blues. I have a ball of Denim that I haven't used yet and now y'all got me worried. :oo:

Debi

XbelovedXoneX
09-17-2006, 07:13 PM
I used the Natural Earth for a capelet and didn't have any problem with colors bleeding. It sure can shed on you though! I looove alot about the yarn, but the "halo" it gets is pretty excessive and I find it to feel pretty itchy.