PDA

View Full Version : Best knitting dvd?

pixi stix
09-18-2006, 12:02 AM
I am trying to find a good knitting DVD the goes beyond the basics of knit/ purl, Increase/ decrease & fixing mistakes. I amready have the art of knitting but looking for something else. Any suggestions?
Thanks for reading!

Vendie
09-18-2006, 06:59 AM
The Knitter's Review just reviewed these two DVDs (http://knittersreview.com/article_book.asp?article=/review/product/060914_a.asp) from Lucy Neatby. I'm thinking about getting the second one for its section on steeking.

Nikki
09-18-2006, 07:06 AM
Buy Amy's. Then you can look through all the patterns on the net and when something stumps you, pop in Amy's CDs and off you go. Best knitting money I've spent.

SandraEllen
09-18-2006, 07:45 AM
I use amy's videos (http://knittinghelp.com/purchase-page.php) all the time too.

rebecca
09-18-2006, 11:03 AM
I, too, love, love Amy's videos, I have 2 versions on cd rom..priceless :cheering:

I think that Lucy Neatby's Knitting Essentials 2 is going to have a lot of what you are looking for, I'm going to order this one, myself. It covers steeks! You know, everything you need to know about steeks but are afraid to ask! And many other things, sounds like it's well worth the $29 to me!

brendajos
09-18-2006, 11:20 AM
You know, everything you need to know about steeks but are afraid to ask!

:shock: you mean like "what in the name of all that is Holy would ever possess you to cut up your work like that?!" :thud:

SandraEllen
09-18-2006, 12:05 PM
:shock: you mean like "what in the name of all that is Holy would ever possess you to cut up your work like that?!" :thud:

I've wondered that too. i would be SO afraid of the whole thing unraveling at the mose embarrassing time.

Chel
09-18-2006, 12:10 PM
What in the name of Debbie Bliss is Steeking? :shrug:

beckyrhae
09-18-2006, 01:00 PM
I really, really enjoyed the Philosophers Wool DVD ... you just have to ignore the sillyness of the models, but the fair isle is amazing!

It covers steeking as well. Steeking is where you knit a sweater in the round, then "steek" the middle, cut it in half and make a cardigan. VERY scary. Our knitting group plan on drinking a few glasses of wine after we do our cutting. LOL

Kirochka
09-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Amy's working on a DVD, but she hasn't finished it yet. What she does have out is a CD of this website... just FYI.

pixi stix
09-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I am looking forward to Amy's dvd :happydance: