PDA

View Full Version : Pattern for my very first sweater

ilemy
09-18-2006, 12:28 AM
I think that my knitting skills have gotten sharp enough for me to make a sweater, but I can't find a pattern I really like. I want it to be kind of fitted and long, but not in some outrageous yarn. Does anyone know of any free patterns or a good book?

It's so overwhelming looking through sweater patterns on the internet.. so any help would be great
Thanks in advance!

knitqueen
09-18-2006, 01:13 AM
The first one I thought of was the Hourglass Sweater from 'Last Minute Knitted Gifts'. It is not a free pattern but it is really lovely. Some shaping, a bit longer, and not too complicated. Here's a knit along from a different site that shows some good pics.
http://hourglass-knit-a-long.blogspot.com/2005_07_01_hourglass-knit-a-long_archive.html
(Look back in the archive for other photos if you want)

kellyjo32
09-18-2006, 05:39 AM
ilemy - knitqueen is right, that's a great first sweater. that was my first sweater and it went really well. I didn't use the Cash Iroha though, I used Andean Silk in Orange for mine, and it turned out really well. I don't remember having any problems with it, or getting stuck anywhere really. It's a lot of stockinette though!! Good luck with whatever you decide!

ilemy
09-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks, that is just what I was looking for. i can't wait to get that book now

kellyjo32
09-19-2006, 05:57 AM
The great thing about that book is they have tons of great patterns!! I've used the Kim's hat pattern I don't know how many times, and the Cotton Baby Hat's are too cute!! Good luck, have fun, post pics when you're done!!