PDA

View Full Version : I FINISHED! I FINISHED!

Talula Fairie
09-19-2006, 06:27 PM
I can't believe I finally finished something that I actually LIKE and WILL USE.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who responded to my rant earlier about the fetching gloves. Seriously, I was ready to quit knitting FOREVER. It was the inspiriation of all of you that kept me going!

I decided to do this super-simple easy pattern to take a break from cabling on double pointed needles (*stab*). I had SO much fun, that I think I will cast on another pair! My knitting didn't turn out completely perfect, but it's good enough that I will wear them with pride. And really, who wouldn't love a pair of pink angora legwarmers? :heart:

I also did finish one of my fetching gloves, will probably cast on the second one today.

Onto the photos!

Postmodern Legwarmers
I adjusted the pattern and knitted these with size 8 and 10 needles. I think next time I will do them in a more open fabric and use larger needles. I also am going to add a drawstring, though they do stay up fairly well without it. I did not sew a casing in for the drawstring, I'm way too lazy for that business. I will probably drag it through with a crochet hook. :lol:

I think I will also wait a little longer before doing the increases to make them slightly less flared. But I do like how mine turned out. These were knitted with Classic Elite Yarns Lush in color 4419

http://static.flickr.com/94/247801420_9ef8833b88_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/95/247801519_2434922541_o.jpg

Fetching Gloves
I did a regular cast on, not a cable cast on, and a pearl bind off instead of a picot bind off, otherwise I follwed the pattern. It's knitted with Debbi Bliss Cashmerino in 502 (on size 6 DPNs, which, I discovered, are best served for gouging out my eyeballs).

As some may remember, I frogged these a few (ok, several) times. This is finally an incarnation I am happy with.

http://static.flickr.com/91/247801598_71b800c43b_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/88/247801666_6ae084d653_o.jpg

Mo0nAngel
09-19-2006, 06:41 PM
yay!!! congrats!!! those legwarmers looks so delicate and pretty!! :D love that pink color! and the gloves look great as well! great job!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Quiara
09-19-2006, 06:44 PM
They look great! Way to go! Glad you didn't give up on the world of knitting.

Talula Fairie
09-19-2006, 06:46 PM

I'm glad I didn't give up, too. I was SO frusterated for awhile though. The thing of it is that I'm a perfectionist AND I am impacient. Which is probably not a great mix for a knitter :rofl: For the longest time I couldn't finish ANYTHING, the only project I'd ever made that hadn't gone awry or that I hadn't frogged/given up on was a knitty kerchif. Until now! YAY!

Amber
09-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Totally cute! I love how the legwarmers turned out!! And, your gloves are beautiful!

mwedzi
09-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Love them both, but I especially love the leg warmers. I like the gauge on them, and I think the flaring will not be so important once you have shoes on. They look great.

rebecca
09-19-2006, 08:18 PM
:cheering: :cheering: I am loving those leg warmers..love, love the pink! Fetching looks quite fetching, too :wink:

jamadian75
09-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Way to stick it out with the fetching - they came out GREAT!

And those leg warmers are dreeeeeeamy!

ae
09-19-2006, 10:17 PM
those legwarmers look soooo soft!!! and i love the fetching in that color. great work!!

CateKnits
09-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Those legwarmers are SO cute! It makes me want to make some and the thought of wearing a skirt to show them off is frightening. :roflhard: I just love them! I wasn't too impressed by the ones in the pattern; I like yours much better! :cheering:
The Fetching is looking great, too!

psammeadred
09-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Great job on both the legwarmers and Fetching! I especially love that green.

nightowl
09-20-2006, 01:11 AM
I'm glad you didn't give up. Your fetchings look very pretty. You did a great job. I love the green color. I was going to do a pair in green but ended up doing a pair in blue instead to use up some of my stash.

Jenelle
09-20-2006, 01:21 AM
Everything looks great!

The legwarmers look really soft. :heart:

earthchick
09-21-2006, 07:25 AM
Oh wow! What a great job!

Now I'm wanting to make some legwarmers.....

Talula Fairie
09-21-2006, 11:47 AM
You should! I was going to make another pair 32 :rofl:

earthchick
09-21-2006, 11:50 AM
I soooooo don't need anything else on my to-knit list right now. But man, I keep looking at the pics of your pink legwarmers and I am seriously wanting some!

What will you be wearing them with? In junior high I used to wear them with mini-skirts but no way would I be doing that now. :rofl:

Talula Fairie
09-21-2006, 11:58 AM
I wear them with to the knee skirts. I may also wear them with a shorter skirt and leggings a la 1983. HAHA.

Even if there is a ton on your list, these are a REALLY fast knit. I made them in four days, and I'm a stay at home mome with two kids under 2.

ebrperk
09-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Those are so cute. Great job.

amazingrace4u
10-16-2006, 06:26 PM
WOW! Love the gloves!! I'm trying to find a pattern I like for legwarmers right now.. and just trying to figure out in general how to knit it.

Did you do straight knitting or circular knitting for the legwarmers? Alot of the directions I've looked at are all straight knitting but I wanna do circular.

Mama Bear
10-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Great job!

What's on the needles now?

Mama Bear

Talula Fairie
10-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Nothing! I got really frusterated after my THIRD attempt at those damn gloves went awry and I broke wool so many times I'm not sure I want to try to knit them again...plus I Haven't had any free time lately. This reminds me I really should start knitting again...