PDA

View Full Version : POLL: I think we need a KH tshirt..! what about you?

aineepooh1
09-19-2006, 11:44 PM
I think we need a logo for KH? I would love to see a design on a tshirt
Does anyone else think that is a good idea? :?? :?? :happydance:

Liliyarn
09-19-2006, 11:50 PM
I want one to wear to SAFF =-D

Jan in CA
09-19-2006, 11:51 PM
Great idea! I think it should have the little image at the top that looks like a yarn/sun with the knittinghelp.com text. :happydance:

brendajos
09-20-2006, 12:03 AM
Amy has planned a t-shirt if memory serves (there are threads around someplace.) The problem has been, i believe, in finding a place that has decent organic tshirts to make them.

I don't think we would need a new logo though.....there's a perfectly good one up there! ;)

Mo0nAngel
09-20-2006, 12:06 AM
i agree!!!!! We definitely should have a tshirt!! :D :D :D I'd order one right away! :cheering: :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-20-2006, 12:10 AM
I searched and I can't find the thread... it was really long. :thinking:

misstialouise
09-20-2006, 12:13 AM
Ooh... :D

That would be v.cool!

knitqueen
09-20-2006, 12:19 AM
I found the old thread:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=812&highlight=

horve1
09-20-2006, 10:12 AM
:cheering: Definitely!

stitchwitch
09-20-2006, 10:15 AM
I'd buy one! My entire wardrobe consists of t-shirts! :heart:

Holly
09-20-2006, 10:23 AM
I would love a KH T-shirt, and I'd also vote for the existing logo. Actually, I'd also be interested in other KH accessories (tote bag, coffee mug, etc...)

Wouldn't it be fun to get a KH Tshirt or bag, and then it to various knitting get-togethers and have it signed by other KHers?!

aineepooh1
09-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Holly
what a great idea.. I :heart: that!!!

slgn
09-20-2006, 12:41 PM
(I haven't read the old thread)

Well maybe Amy was looking for a printing shop to have organic tees made up in batches but an option is Cafepress (www.cafepress.com). It's not The Best option but it's an option. They have an organic cotton tee ($16.99 - one color only: natural/beige). The Pro's: Cafepress is responsible for printing and shipping upon demand (rather than stacks sitting in someone's closet/basement etc.) and they have additional products like canvas bags. Cafepress products (http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/products/)

brendajos
09-20-2006, 12:51 PM
I think the problem with Cafe Press (if i remember correctly) was that their organic shirt was pretty much a shapeless t-shirt. now that's great for ME but most people don't want to wear that these days i guess...lol.

One thing that has to be considered is that it is Amy's logo and business name so we can't do anything with it without her permission. :thumbsup:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-20-2006, 02:18 PM
And, don't forget that some of us are a little fluffy.... I would like a tshirt that fits correcty and doesn't make people mistake "KnittingHelp.com" for "OMG HERE COMES HILDIE'S BOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

brendajos
09-20-2006, 02:27 PM
And, don't forget that some of us are a little fluffy.... I would like a tshirt that fits correcty and doesn't make people mistake "KnittingHelp.com" for "OMG HERE COMES HILDIE'S BOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Okay i nearly choked on my reheated frozen cheese pizza reading that....There is a certain "sometimes" b/f who would want to be a more often b/f if i would agree to wear shirts like that...he would likely start agreeing that knitting is sexy too if i did...

ummm...but i don't want him to be a more often b/f so yeah...i agree!... :teehee:

letah75
09-20-2006, 02:40 PM
I love this idea. I would definately buy a shirt.

slgn
09-20-2006, 03:59 PM
One thing that has to be considered is that it is Amy's logo and business name so we can't do anything with it without her permission.Absolutely!! - what was not written but implied in my reply was: IF AMY was interested, AMY could set that up on Cafepress. As noted, I haven't read the old thread so she or everyone together might think the cafepress option is yuck-ah. Not everyone is a fan of CP.a tshirt that fits correcty and doesn't make people mistake "KnittingHelp.com" for "OMG HERE COMES HILDIE'S BOOBS!"I'm right there with yah sister

aineepooh1
09-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Hildgegard
Hey don't put your boobies down!!!
Many women have paid high $$$ to have what you were so graciously given

Power to the boobies!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :rofl: :rofl:

brendajos
09-20-2006, 05:02 PM
I don't remember if i told y'all about this but i was at the big craft show they have here every spring and came across a booth of sparkly tshirts that someone likely put together with their bedazzler. The woman in the booth was wearing three inch heels (on concrete...good luck with that!), tight jeans, and a hooters tight tshirt. It was one of them she was selling and it just CRACKED me up! if i could have gotten it over the girls in a way that i would have wanted to wear it (read: NOT hooters tight! :shock:) i would have bought it. It said.....

"Not EVERYTHING in Nebraska is FLAT!"

:rofl: :teehee: :rofl: :teehee: :rofl:

losnana
09-20-2006, 06:12 PM
I want several! :cheering: :cheering:

psammeadred
09-20-2006, 06:56 PM
I wants one... so bright, so beautiful...yesss precioussss...

(can you guess what movie I'm watching right now?)

snowbear
09-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Makes List:
a. T- Shirt
b. Coffee cups ( I collect those)
c. totes...

ok... who can we get to talk w/ Amy? heheehhehe :teehee:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-20-2006, 08:08 PM
I'll link to this thread in the mod forum; she'll come check it out soon!

horve1
09-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Makes List:
a. T- Shirt
b. Coffee cups ( I collect those)
c. totes...

ok... who can we get to talk w/ Amy? heheehhehe :teehee:

I collect pins..... hint, hint.......

amy
09-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks Aineepooh, it warms my heart to think of you all so eager to wear KH T-shirts. :muah:

As Brenda said, I've considered it before, but came to the conclusion that I could only do it if I went the CafePress route, and only if they come up with a decent organic T-shirt. I suppose I could go with the existing organic shirt, but I think most KH'ers would prefer a more feminine style. I'd rather not do it at all than to do it poorly. We agreed on a good style shirt, which would look great on all sizes of women, and I've written them and called them requesting they get a more feminine organic t-shirt, and suggested a scoop-neck t-shirt with an hour-glass feminine shaping.

That's the only route that the environmentalist* in me is comfortable with. If any of you want to contact Cafe Press and pressure them to stock such a t-shirt, I'd be grateful!

I had grand plans at one point to offer lots of designs, but I think if I did it, I'd stick to just a one or two for now, because I can't take on more than that; graphic design can be time consuming. I like the idea of doing pins. I don't think I'd do canvas bags because of the non-organic factor. I don't think I'd do mugs. I like the idea of people being able to express their love of KH, but I also want to balance it with my non-materialistic and environmentalist ethic. I hope you all understand! :heart:

...And thanks for being so eager to show your love for KH, it's truly heartwarming.
:muah:

*Non-organic cotton is the number one highest user of pesticides in the US, so I don't want to be responsible for seeing more non-organic t-shirts hit the market.

slgn
09-21-2006, 01:04 PM
That's the only route that the environmentalist in me is comfortable with... I also want to balance it with my non-materialistic and environmentalist ethic.I can respect that; I think we all can appreciate those thougts. Thank you for thinking of the whole picture.

Jan in CA
09-21-2006, 01:10 PM
No mugs? :pout: Are they not organic?

amy
09-21-2006, 01:44 PM
LOL Jan, you have your heart set on mugs do you? :teehee: ETA: I'll consider doing mugs. I just don't want to be responsible for a large quantity of land-fill-bound "stuff." Small items like buttons seem great. Organic clothing is great, because clothing is necessary and practical, and gets worn in time and needs replacing. ...I'll think about mugs.

Maybe I'll look into just a simple KH logo on pins, and the organic t-shirts they carry, and see if there are any other products that look good....

Denise in Michigan
09-21-2006, 01:58 PM
...And thanks for being so eager to show your love for KH, it's truly heartwarming.

We love KH, and you too, Amy! :hug:

Kirochka
09-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Some people have trouble with American Apparel (there are questions about sexual harrassment at the company and with regards to their advertising, and although they pay high salaries to their Los Angeles workforce, they are anti-union, so far as I know), but their Sustainable Edition line (http://www.americanapparelstore.com/sustainable-edition-all-styles.html) (organic) might be an option for t-shirts. I don't know anything about how they sell wholesale, and I suspect the customer is responsible for putting the logo on the t-shirt... but anyway, something to think about. I'll hunt around for info on wholesale options...

ETA: Wholesale info (http://www.americanapparel.net/wholesaleresources/infoUS.html) from American Apparel website.

aineepooh1
09-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Mugs, pins, and other goodies!!
Oh MY
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :happydance: :happydance:

snowbear
09-21-2006, 07:55 PM
:pray: please add mugs... please.. *hand on heart* it won't land in land fill- will be used & treasured,, promise promise....

Love knitting , love mugs... must have both from favorite site......

I love & respect your views... but this way,, w/ mugs,, land fill won't be filled up w/ stirofoam cups... see? usefull....

*don't use stirofoam. anyway...

just trying to think of excuses....

thanks.. for being you......

Kirochka
10-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Bumpity bump...