PDA

View Full Version : My little shopping trip!

orcoastknitter
09-23-2006, 02:45 AM
Well I took the day off work today. My friend and I decided to go yarn shopping. Well I didn't buy much. I guess I get a little overwhelmed at all the selections.

The blue/gray ball sitting on top of the red is Universal Yarn Co. Classic Worsted LP. It's 20% wool 80% Acrylic. It's very soft.

The red/orange multicolored below blue/gray yarn is named Di.Ve Teseo. I just had to have it. Don't know what I am going to do with it yet.

And course I bought some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Purple Club.

Has anybody ever used yarn made by the Universal Yarn Co.? I just love their label. The have a little saying: "Knit, Relax, Smile. Repeat!"

gardenmommy
09-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Oooooooooooooooo Nice stuff! :thumbsup:

fluffypechey
09-23-2006, 08:20 AM
No never seen it but I love that label too!! "Knit, Relax, Smile. Repeat!" What a great way of making you buy it :teehee:

I love all the wool you bought, did you hug it?? :teehee:

:hug: Sharon

nadja la claire
09-23-2006, 08:47 AM
No never seen it but I love that label too!! "Knit, Relax, Smile. Repeat!" What a great way of making you buy it :teehee:

I love all the wool you bought, did you hug it?? :teehee:

:hug: Sharon

I agree that's a great marketing tool :teehee: I love the colors too.

You must have a great job and a very understanding boss. I wish I could take a day off to go to the LYS. I was going to go yesterday on my lunch break, but an hour just isn't enough time. I need at least 2 or 3. I'm going with a friend today :woot: I can't wait!!!

Nadja xxx

Andrea
09-23-2006, 08:57 AM
I love that LL Purple Club!!!!!!!!!!!1 :inlove:

rebecca
09-23-2006, 11:45 AM
Yuuuummmyyy! I spotted the Lorna's Laces sock yarn right away!!!! FYI, I'm giving some away on my blog.....

orcoastknitter
09-23-2006, 02:01 PM
You must have a great job and a very understanding boss. I wish I could take a day off to go to the LYS. I was going to go yesterday on my lunch break, but an hour just isn't enough time. I need at least 2 or 3. I'm going with a friend today :woot: I can't wait!!!

Nadja xxx

I have a job. Not exciting, but it pays the bills (and of course helps me buy yarn). I just asked for the day offf, I told her that I have friends coming into town, which is true, but they are more my parent's friends than mine. I only have one yarn store near me which my friend, that went with me yesterday owns it. The nearest yarn stores are about 50-60 miles away from me.

The Lorna's Laces came from Angelika's Yarn Store. Which is about 30 minutes from my house. She has such a cute little store. I was in awe at all the Lorna's Laces she carried.