PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Beginners, Found Great Book!

cgd
09-24-2006, 09:21 AM
This is for the beginners like me who are looking for the perfect knitting book. The Knit Stitch gets my vote. I received it the other day, and this is the one I wish I'd gotten early on. I posted about it in the blog section, but realize everyone doesn't want to read my long ramblings.

Anyhow, the book is well-written, has great instructions and PLENTY of pictures. The best thing IMO is that it has sweaters and jackets that a beginner actually has a prayer of making. Don't you hate it when you see a pattern in a magazine that's labeled "beginner" or "easy" but looks more like intermediate to you? Well, this book has stuff I think I can actually do. The sweaters don't have much shaping, so you can get used to sweater sizing, how the pieces fit together etc. I have to start out really simple on this stuff since I've never sewn. There are also cute scarves, leg warmers, and ponchos.

Yes, it will probably bore more advanced knitters, but y'all have plenty of patterns! This is for the wannabes, the ones who yearn to knit wearables but fear them, the ones who need it broken waaaay down. After I get done making Christmas presents, I'm going make something for . . . ME!!!! :noway:

aineepooh1
09-24-2006, 04:09 PM
I am with youu all the way!! I pick up those freebee pattersn in the LYS and iI get them home and ... Knittingh Help here I come!

I have not venutred into sweater land yet but i am starting on a poncho!!
I am glad you found something that works for YOU!! :cheering: :happydance:

Celine
09-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Yes, I have all three of Sally's books and they are very good. Wonder when her fourth one is due out?? :shrug:

chan58
09-24-2006, 07:25 PM
I just ordered these from my local library and am so looking forward to them!!!!
:cheering: :cheering:

ann in ma
09-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the tip. A not-so-LYS recommended this book, but they were out of stock. I'll have to look for it.