PDA

View Full Version : Free Yarn ~

IndianPrincessSIP
09-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Whilst doing a blog-jog-about (love doing that, so many talented writers/knitters/real people) I found this....

http://www.rjconklin.com/keeptalking.htm

If you'd like this yarn, leave me a message in the comments section and tell me why you'd like it,
and/or what you'd like to make with it. Next Saturday night (September 30th) I'll pick a winner and
the yarn will be mailed off to you.

I was going to spin a tale, about something er other as to why I so badly needed this yarn, but had to defer to the lady with the 11 year old. It is her favorite color. lol

nadja la claire
09-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Not my color, but it's hard to pass up free yarn :teehee:

Nadja xxx

rebecca
09-25-2006, 02:06 AM
OH, I love it! Hard to pass up free yarn, but, I must agree with you and I left a comment that it should go to the 11 year old :wink:

skNYC
09-25-2006, 02:54 PM
I've got a few Red Hart acrylic in assorted colors left over from DD's crocheted caterpillar. Should I write up something like that? :thinking:

IndianPrincessSIP
09-25-2006, 07:24 PM
It's a great way to get people to check out your blog, And a great way to do a good deed.

I was thinking about what interests me at a blog, what holds my attention.

Photo's. I'm a photographer, I want to see good photo's. Don't have to be professional, but with just a bit of effort you can show off your creations with a nice photograph. I did read one today where the young lady apologized because she was using a cell phone, and they really weren't bad at all, but I thought it was sweet for her to apologize.

Visual's, I want to be comfortable in your house.
Too many buttons down the side irritate me. It takes a lot of effort to figure what all that bright, flashy, attention grabbing stuff over there is.

Free
I'm always on the hunt for........Patterns. Patterns are magic. And a Free Pattern Button makes my day. Even if you have some for sale. Free is always good. Patterns show how someone Did Something. Made Something. Technique's. Hints. Shortcuts, all can be found in Patterns, and there's tons of them out there.
Links are ok, but for crying out load, some people Really Load Up on Links. And I would love if everyone had the capability of setting up their links to open in a new window. Nothing worse than taking your audience away from you completely, and having to browser back to you. If you have their attention keep it.

Giving something away now and again, is a very good idea.
There is a lot of blog loyalty.
It should be acknowledged.

I love that so many people Blog.

IndianPrincessSIP
09-25-2006, 07:29 PM
And how could I forget.

Writing. Funny, Witty, Informed, Writing. Even if sometime's it's sad, or meloncholy. Good Writing Can Not Be Beat.
I will bookmark you
I will read you.
I will come back for more. If you have Given me something with your words.

Chel
10-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Goodness.

I won. :happydance: I won the yarn. :cheering:
I have since called everyone I know, most of whom replied with, "Its just yarn." :shrug: I don't get them.
I am positively tickled pink, :yay: thrilled :woot: and my birthday is on the 19th :present: and what better gift than YARN!!!! :balloons:

IndianPrincessSIP
10-01-2006, 01:11 PM
:cheering:
Congratulations. I am so happy for you!
:cheering:

rebecca
10-01-2006, 02:56 PM
:yay: Yippee for you :yay:

nadja la claire
10-01-2006, 05:47 PM
:woot: Congrats! :woot:
Don't listen to them non-knitters just don't understand there is no such thing as just yarn.

Nadja xxx

Amber
10-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Yay! Congrats! What are you going to make with it?

Chel
10-02-2006, 08:37 AM
I'll be making Ribbon XBack Tank (http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTxback.html) from Knitty. I'll have some left over so I plan on making a belt with ribbon ends that ties in front...

Ohhh I can not wait!!!!!
When ever I buy yarn its right there. Instant gratification. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!!!!

VictoiseC
10-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Indian Princess, just wanted to say I appreciate those tips about what makes a good blog. Very well put. I sort of ha started one but haven't become serious about it. I'll keep your points in mind if I do get serious.
:thumbsup: