PDA

View Full Version : Who's waiting on the mailman?

Stitch
09-24-2006, 09:05 PM
What are you waiting on this week?

I am waiting on my KP order:
Options set
10 skeins of Swish
1 skein of sockyarn for the second sock!

and from Barnes and Noble:
Knitting without Tears by EZ

How bout you?

Whatcha waitin for?

Stiney
09-24-2006, 09:19 PM
All I'm waiting for are comics...

Lost Girls by Alan Moore (which is being reprinted and taking forEVER) and some printed comics from College Roomies from Hell!!! (http://www.crfh.net), a webcomic I read.

But that's because I am trying to catch up with stuff I want to do before I buy more yarn. It is hard to be good around all you lovely enablers. :)

thischicknits
09-24-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm waiting to see socks from sock wars if my assassin is a fast knitter! I have a good stockpile of yarn so none of that is expected - but what a great surprise it would be!

projectgal
09-24-2006, 10:09 PM
I ordered some needles from Knitpicks. Just a few to try, but I'm sure I'll want the whole set. Need these to start a baby blanket for a friend who is expecting. The baby might be premature, so I need to get busy!

Waiting on a gift from my mom and dad. It's my birthday this week! My sister sent a gift early--a beautiful handmade ceramic fish platter. Very cool. Shhh! Don't tell her I've already opened it. Also sent a few pictures from her wedding this summer. My favorite is the picture they took of my brother, sister and me. My two year old somehow snuck into the picture and lifted his shirt to show his tummy. So here are the three of us in a "picture pose" and my two year old with his tummy like it was the thing to do. It was a great shot! I'm really glad her photographer went with the moment instead of shooing him away.

Also waiting on a lit anthology for a homeschooled student I tutor. Hopefully it will come soon, we're meeting Wednesday. He took a break in August and September, so I'm ready to start the "school year" right.

stitchwitch
09-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Waiting on four skeins of Brown Sheep Lamb's pride bulky, a new blanket for my bed and a window treatment for my spare bedroom....not all from the same place. :teehee: Oh yeah, and waiting for my husband to come back from a business trip but he won't be delivered until Friday. :roflhard:

projectgal
09-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Oh yeah, and waiting for my husband to come back from a business trip but he won't be delivered until Friday. :roflhard:

Your husband travels by USPS? I hope they delier him to the door and not stick him behind a shrub where he sits in the rain for days! Or worse--try to shove him in the mailbox!

stitchwitch
09-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Or strap him to the mailbox with rubber bands. :roflhard:

Liliyarn
09-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Just got my lace flyer and jumbo flyer. So no mail for a lil' while. Trying to save for the fiber fair...

photogirl72
09-24-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm waiting on two things...

1. New computer case because I am building a new one.

2. Hand dyed roving frim Ashley Martineau at http://www.neauveau.com/

snephenie
09-24-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm waitng on the DPNs from Carol and a new printer :)

photogirl72
09-24-2006, 11:22 PM
OMG! I totally forgot about the set of Clover circs I ordered!!! I can't wait til they get here.

Julie
09-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Hopefully I'll get a package from my secret pal! I'm part of a spinning SP right now and it ends this week. :D

melissa.atkins
09-25-2006, 01:34 AM
I am happy for all of you waiting for the mailman... I was going to order some yarn from Knitpicks but we are leaving on vacation... I guess I'll have to wait... dont want anyone looking into my beautiful yarn while we are away... :-x :teehee:

rebecca
09-25-2006, 01:37 AM
How exciting to read what everyone is expecting this week :cheering:
Well, for the 1st week in a while I'm not expecting yarn :teehee: rather the new bag (sorry, they are sold out or I would show you a photo!) and wallet (http://www.wilsonsleather.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2038328&cp=2446813.1831950&view=all&parentPage=family) that I ordered from Wilsons Leather (http://www.wilsonsleather.com/home/index.jsp). Boy, I'm glad that I went ahead and ordered it...it was such a great deal ($120 bag for $28 :cheering: :cheering: ) that the bag is long gone! I must take a photo and show ya'll when they arrive...the bag is perfect for knitting wips :wink:

rebecca
09-26-2006, 01:13 PM
I am no longer waiting! My goodies arrived and I am very pleased :cheering: The bag is perfect for my needs, both for carrying my purse-type things and any wip :cheering: And, I'm loving the big wallet/checkbook holder...all in all...a great find :cheering:

itsbecca1979
09-26-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm waiting on my size 3 circ from KP plus I ordered 2 skeins of Dancing.

rebecca
09-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Oh, I love knitting socks with my kp circs :cheering:

aineepooh1
09-26-2006, 03:37 PM
I am waiting on my very first pair of denise interchangeable needles.. I am pretty excited because everyone seems to rave about them..
so :cheering: :cheering:

rebecca
09-26-2006, 03:49 PM
OH, you will LOVE your denises :cheering:

Stitch
09-26-2006, 03:52 PM
AHHHHHHHHH! i was just TRICKED!!!

doorbell rang, and i just KNEW it was my KP Options set! NOPE!
just UPS delivering stuff i dont care about!!

he tricked me!!
ah...hopefully they'll be here tomorrow!

Stitch
09-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Oh, I love knitting socks with my kp circs :cheering:

do you use 2 circ's for socks?

jodstr2
09-26-2006, 04:00 PM
supposedly my KP order arrived today at the shop (2 skeins Gloss and a whole bunch of color cards). but since J is working late all week, I doubt I'll see this pkg at home until like Saturday.

Julie
09-26-2006, 04:08 PM
I got my SP package yesterday and it was fan-freaking-tastic!! :mrgreen:

(and the int'l socks of doom came express mail to put me out of my misery) :-x

itsazoo
09-26-2006, 08:23 PM
I just received my Cd from here I can't wait to see how to do the heel of a sock. I swear that knitting patterns are written in a foreign language I can't understand until I SEE how it is done.

Thanks to a post from here I just ordered a swift from Joann's and I had to order some circular needles so the swift wouldn't be lonely.

I'm also waiting for a box of ladybugs (aphids in the lettuce)

itsbecca1979
09-26-2006, 08:54 PM
I plan on using Magic Loop :D

newamy
09-27-2006, 07:48 AM
I'm waiting for two orders from Knitpicks ordered 2 days apart!
4 skeins Swish superwash, Options circulars set, and cable needle, Two skeins of Essential sock yarn in Plum and one skein of sale sock yarn that I need to finish my socks that are not done and need a bit more yarn!

knitaddict
09-27-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm waiting on some wool for the felted clogs. BUT we're on vacation so I'll have to wait a REALLY long time. lol It should arrive there today according to the website. I've already asked my friend who's watching the house to touch it for me and tell me if it's really soft. ;)