PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Christmas cards

catownedanna
09-25-2006, 02:55 AM
This post's Swedish word/phrase: "Tänkte att jag skulle skriva om mina julkort även här" = "Thought I'd post about my Christmas cards here as well"
_____

For the last couple of years, I've made my own Christmas cards. This year I thought I'd include something knitted. I got some ideas after posting a question in the Pattern scetion and this weekend I started to knit... :happydance:

I've decided to make tiny sweater ornaments (http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/minisweater.shtm), decorate them, put a hanger in and hang them on a piece of string in the Christmas card. Any ideas on how I could decorate them; "christmasify" them? Cross stitch something on them? Beads? Something golden? Or red? Or green?

Ideas? :hug:

Toast King
09-25-2006, 03:42 AM
That's fabulous, Anna!! - what a brilliant idea! I was thinking of making some tiny socks for the Christmas tree but the sweater cards are just brilliant! How about a nice simple, sparkly embroidered star on the front to decorate?

Mama Bear
09-25-2006, 04:24 AM
Very cute! On the white, a silver or blue snowflake would be quick to embroider.

Mama Bear

rebecca
09-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Perfect :cheering:

kemp
09-25-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't know...it's pretty darn cute without "christmasing" it up at all!

sara_jayne
09-25-2006, 11:00 AM
I think it is so adorable! I love the idea of the stars on it - not to christmas-y, but very holiday-y! :teehee:

KnittyKitty
09-25-2006, 11:04 AM
That's just too cute! Hmmm... Christmas-ey eh? What about a red poinsettia (sp?) a little santa face, a reindeer, a candy cane at an angle, or a green christmas tree?

Lisa

feministmama
09-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Oh my goddess this is sooooooooo cute!!! We need a death by cuteness emoticon.

"christmasify"

I :heart: new words

I think a simple embroidered tree would be lovely. Something small and delicate would make me swoon.

kimmie
09-25-2006, 12:40 PM
You've gotten lots of great ideas! I love the idea of a little snowflake myself. Mostly I just wanted to say how lucky the people on your Christmas card list are to be receiving such a cute little sweater! They are fortunate to have such a talented and thoughtful friend!

:heart: kimmie

Chel
09-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Great idea!!! I was thinking of doing knitted items for my christmas cards, but I was going to knit tiny stockings using embroidery thread and 00 dpns. And a magnifying glass.

LOL I'll probably buy a box of cards.

aineepooh1
09-25-2006, 02:48 PM
great idea I like the sweaters too it fits all the holidays :happydance:

phisch
09-25-2006, 03:25 PM
I love it! I vote for a simple snowflake. Just embroider an asterisk and voila! Quick, too, I imagine.

Amber
09-25-2006, 03:55 PM
:inlove: That is sooooo cute! What an awesome idea! I would love to do something like that myself, but I'm lucky if I manage to get all my (store-bought) cards out by the 25th. :roll: :wall: I need more hours in the day!

jamadian75
09-25-2006, 04:09 PM
What a wonderful idea!

How about 2 or 3 red beads and green embroidery thread for holly?

Rene'
09-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Wow, that's great! Thanks for the pattern link!

catownedanna
09-27-2006, 04:16 AM
This post's Swedish word/phrase: "Jultomten, julgran, julklappar, julkort och god mat" = "Santa Claus, Christmas tree, Christmas gifts, Christmas card(s) and yummie food"
_____

Thanks for all the thumbs up, ladies!!! :thumbsup: And for the nice comments and the ideas!

I got myself some embroidery thread yesterday and will start testing different designs this weekend. I think. I got four different colours (silver, white, red and green) and they all sparkle. I thought that would look neat...

I also got myself some red yarn so I can make some red sweaters too. And some with both colours...

Tamar Dohel
09-27-2006, 04:28 AM
Great little sweater.

I've never knitted a top of any kind before and wonder if this will be a good knit for first timers like me before knitting a real full size sweater.

Tamar

married2lo
09-30-2006, 07:30 PM
wow, what a neat idea! so cute!

Lulu
09-30-2006, 07:37 PM
The cards are a fantastic idea.
Lulu

Idyll
09-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Ooooh!! Soooooo cuuuuute!

(But I can't believe it's only SEPTEMBER & you're preparing for Christmas?? Already?)

As for decorations - you could glue on felt pieces. A Santa Hat. A Christmas Tree. A Moose head. A Plum Pudding with white icing and holly on top.

Do your extra-special friends get presents of skinny dolls or teensy teddies, to wear these tiny tops?