PDA

View Full Version : I frogged it!

letah75
09-26-2006, 02:40 AM
Ok, I know that frogging something is not usually something to be excited about, but I am making a baby blanket with a (simple) pattern, but I messed it up, and had to take out 5 rows. Now prior to this, I would have just ripped it all out, and started over completely.

But thanks to this site, I have become braver, and I figured, I'm 15 rows in, and I have to take out 5 of those, why redo the entire blanket, I'm gonna try to figure this out. And I DID it!!!!

I got the knits on the knit way and the purls on the purl way, and then just started back with the knitting, and WOO HOO, I did it. I didn't have to take out the whole thing.

Thank you knittinghelp, and all the helpful KH people who make me brave, it is a far, far better thing you have all done..... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mama Bear
09-26-2006, 04:58 AM
Great job!! Can't wait to see the finished blanket.

Mama Bear

fluffypechey
09-26-2006, 06:38 AM
Well done it can be quite frightening to do that. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

:hug: Sharon

Denise in Michigan
09-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Kudos! :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-26-2006, 05:08 PM
:woohoo: hooray!!!! :yay: :woot: :cheering: :happydance:

Anastasia Beaverhausen
09-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Congrats! And now I know what frogging means! LOL That IS very brave!

letah75
09-27-2006, 11:23 AM
I'll give you guys the pattern. I'm about half done (maybe a little less), when I am finished I will definately post pictures, cause it's looking GREAT!!!

I'm using Carion simply soft Autum red, double stranded.

CO 197

Border: row 1: Knit
row 2: *k1, s1* to end
row 3: Knit
row 4: *s1, k1* to end

I repeated this 2 times.

for the body:

7 sitches each side for the border.

row 1: k7, *k1, yo, k2tog*, k7
row 2: k1,s1(first 7 stitches), *k1, yo, k2tog*, k1,s1(last 7
stitches)
row 3: k7, *k*, K7
row 4: s1,k1 (first 7 stitches), *p*, s1, k (last 7 stitches)

repeat until desired length, finsih with 2 repeats of the border stitch.

I am then going to crochet a single edge with a ribbon yarn.

cgd
09-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Letah75, I love your avatar--I'm a huge Battlestar fan!!! I can't wait for the premiere next Friday night.

I know what you mean about frogging part of a project. I had to rip the whole thing at first, but now can correct mistakes and pick up dropped stitches pretty well. I guess that means we're getting better!