PDA

View Full Version : OT - Mouseprint.org

CarmenIbanez
09-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Please read this (www.redtape.msnbc.com/2006/09/a_web_site_that.html) website and then the accompanying website (www.mouseprint.org) that it discusses.

I can't believe what companies can get away with now.

horve1
09-26-2006, 12:10 PM
:grrr: Thank you. Unfortunately, it's too easy to believe.

brendajos
09-26-2006, 12:14 PM
I would like to point out that a lot of y'all like to use that kind of print on here which drives me battier than it does in an advertisement! *shakes fist!* :!!!:

(yeah i know that shaking fist was scary... :teehee: )

rebecca
09-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Why must advertisers and manufacturers choose to be sneaky?! What's happening in this world?! Is honesty now a thing that is to be used if nothing else works?! Very sad, very, very sad :verysad:

LOL, bren, I can't read it! something about shaking fist?!

brownishcoat
09-26-2006, 04:10 PM
What about text so small it doesn't even show up? :teehee:

fluffypechey
09-26-2006, 06:08 PM
:??

:hug: Sharon

Kaydee
09-29-2006, 04:10 PM
:!!!: Sadly most of those advertisements don't surprise me at all. Unfortunatly if something seems like a great deal that's too good to be true, it probably is. The one that does make me mad though is the peanut oil in kids toothpaste. This is a very serious allergy for people and they could be killing people by not disclosing this information!! :gah:

Jax3303
09-29-2006, 04:23 PM
That mouseprint site makes it seem as though advertisers et all doing this is a new thing. I remember learning about companies doing things like this back in 6th grade home ec. The big example then was with tampon boxes. It can be frustrating, but they aren't doing anything wrong. Cost of matierials constantly go up and down and companies still need to make a profit to pay their employees. The companies choice is to raise the cost of the product, or we pay the same and get a bit less.