PDA

View Full Version : My Booga Bag is finally finished!

figaro
09-27-2006, 01:12 PM
It finally felted, it took 5 pairs of my husband's jeans to do it but its done! I also finished "Grandma's Favorite Washcloth" so I am also posting a pic of it too. The Booga is going to my daughter in Humboldt County and I am making maybe 4 or so different washcloths for my mom as she loves to take baths. Does anyone know of a way to maybe insert something in the bottom of the bag to keep it stiff so it does not hang the way it is?

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/hum39/Image167.jpg

and

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/hum39/Image168.jpg

About halfway down in the washcloth, I see some mistakes and I really have no idea how they happened :shrug: but I figure my mom won't see them!

I am also knitting the Acorn Washcloth but there was a really different stitch in it so I took it to my knitting class last week and asked my teacher about it. Well, she has been knitting for 40+ years and it stumped her! So she has it and has figured it out and will help me out next week with it.

gardenmommy
09-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Beautiful Booga! What color is that? I know some people have put plastic canvas in the bottom of bags to help keep them flat.

Nice dishcloth too!.

What was the tricky stitch, now I'm curious!

janelanespaintbrush
09-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Beautiful! I'm sure your Mom would love the washcloth even if she did notice any mistakes (which she probably won't).

janelanespaintbrush
09-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Beautiful! I'm sure your Mom would love the washcloth even if she did notice any mistakes (which she probably won't).

figaro
09-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Thank you for the compliment, I consider this to be my first real project that I finished so I quite happy with it!

My teacher has the washcloth and the instructions or I would be able to let you know. It out of a book called "Fun to Knit Washcloths & Pot Holders". I will post it here when I do get it

Amber
09-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Pretty!

rebecca
09-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Lovely, Lovely! I put a piece of cardboard in the bottom of my booga one day when I was out and saw that the bottom was droopy! I was going to replace it with hard plastic, but, truthfully I forgot because the cardboard did the trick!
I love bathing with handknit washcloths, too :cheering:

Mama Bear
09-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Love the booga bag. GREAT colors.

Washcloths are such a great way to try out stitches.

Mama Bear

feministmama
09-27-2006, 11:06 PM
KellyK used a box of detergent. She draped it over the box and it dried a perfect rectangle/square thingy.

fluffypechey
09-28-2006, 10:56 PM
I absolutely love the bag they all look so different in the different colours.

Is it suitable for a beginner/just picked up knitting again after many years away?

It really is lovely. Seems like the cardboard works for the bottom.

Congratulations on the bag and the cloth.

:hug: Sharon