PDA

View Full Version : Knitting for a headstone

aineepooh1
09-27-2006, 07:32 PM
I know it sounds crazy but I would like to put something on a loved one's grave who died this year.
any ideas?????

Ingrid
09-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Maybe a felted flower? It probably could withstand rain.

mintdee
09-27-2006, 09:07 PM
You could knit I-cord (its not so bad) attach the flower to it and loop it around the stone. I think that felting would be the best way to go as well. Good Luck!

fluffypechey
09-28-2006, 11:01 PM
I dont thing its crazy I think its a beautiful idea. Something made with love.

I think the felted flower idea is a great one.

Good Luck.
Show us what you make if you decide to do it. I might do the same thing actually as I think its lovely.

:muah: Sharon

BinkyKat
09-28-2006, 11:34 PM
I think this is a great idea... My dad passed away 4 years ago and it seems that since he's the closest relative to me that I've lost, I am more apt to bring a little sack lunch to the cemetery on memorial day and sit and "visit" or just "stop by" to say "hi". I'd probably even bring my knitting out there to pass a little time contemplating. So heck, I may bogart your idea and make a little something as he knew all to well he raised a crafty kid and I made things for him all the time!
Thanks for sharing your thought of doing that!!!
:hug:

Shandeh
10-04-2006, 11:18 PM
I think it might be neat to knit an extra long scarf, and tie it around the headstone.

fluffypechey
10-05-2006, 03:45 PM
I think it might be neat to knit an extra long scarf, and tie it around the headstone.

What a beautiful idea :hug:

:muah: Sharon