PDA

View Full Version : Condom Cozy

happenin
09-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Hello again everyone...after such a long time!

I've not been crafting much lately, but am working out the rusty kinks with something somewhat kinky in itself. :muah:

Here's a little something that I've whipped up for a Dallas Cowboy fan who is going to get the surprise of his life in a few days when I present this to him.

It's the Condom Cozy, "Ribbed for his pleasure" pattern on Knitty http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer04/PATTcozies.html. I think a nice way to get back into the swing of things.

Instead of the yarn called for in the pattern, I used Caron's Simply Soft because of the look and feel....and I felt it lent itself to the theme of their shiny athletic uniforms a little better. I just used the same size 3 needle and only cast on 36 stitches instead. The 3/4 inch button took 4 stitches instead of 3 (on the 8th stitch in).

My piece worked up to roughly the same dimensions as that called for in the pattern. I think it worked out great. Whaddya think?

Ingrid
09-27-2006, 10:53 PM
:teehee: I wonder how it will affect his 'manliness' when he has to pull a condom out of a cozy! :teehee: It's cute, though. In a manly sort of way, of course. :teehee:

SabrinaJL
09-28-2006, 12:31 AM
:roflhard: That's great! I'm working on a Dallas Cowboys colored afghan for my DH right now (also in Caron SS). He surely wouldn't need a matching condom cozy though. At least he better not. :fingerwag:

mwedzi
09-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Oh my goddess, that is too funny. What a cute way to be safe(r). :teehee:

rebecca
09-28-2006, 11:07 AM
When you just don't know what to knit for him......... :roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard: Too Cute :cheering:

sara_jayne
09-28-2006, 11:26 AM
:teehee: What a great idea! :teehee:

CarmenIbanez
09-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Perhaps he needs a matching willie warmer?

jodstr2
09-28-2006, 12:01 PM
how cool! 8) great job! congrats! 8)

Perhaps he needs a matching willie warmer?

:thumbsup: :cheering:

fluffypechey
09-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Wow I must admit I thought it was going to be something else all together :oops:

For the man who has everything :cheering: :roflhard:

Well done.
Of course a lady could carry it in her purse ..... just incase?
or is that too ummm politically incorrect?

:hug: Sharon