PDA

View Full Version : Basketweave Afghan

orcoastknitter
09-28-2006, 11:38 PM
I thought I would show you my afghan that I am working on. I have a little less than 20 inches to go. I am using Plymouth Encore Colorspun, Color# 7128. This yarn is great!

This is a gift to my puppy's (Cairn Terrier) breeder. I like to call it "while I was waiting for my puppy to come home, I decided to knit you this." I figured it's a thank you gift as well. I know I will be asking tons of questions while she grows up.

For your viewing pleasure.....

fluffypechey
09-29-2006, 12:06 AM
That is so beautiful What a lovely name also.
Has it taken you very long? I love the pattern. How did you do it? In peices or in one peice excuse me for I am a virgin afghan maker.

Congratulations what a beautiful gift.

:hug: Sharon

PinkRoses
09-29-2006, 12:44 AM
Love the fall colors! It looks very cozy. :thumbsup:

Mama Bear
09-29-2006, 12:58 AM
Great stitch pattern and lovely colors! When does the puppy come home? Congratulations on the new little one :)

Mama Bear

rebecca
09-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Lovely! OH, the breeder is going to LOVE you :cheering:

orcoastknitter
09-29-2006, 01:11 AM
That is so beautiful What a lovely name also.
Has it taken you very long? I love the pattern. How did you do it? In peices or in one peice excuse me for I am a virgin afghan maker.

Congratulations what a beautiful gift.

:hug: Sharon

I started the afghan in July. I haven't been working on it everyday. I am not a fast kniiter. I believe I did a few small projects in between. I am basically devoting much of my time to it now. I just got word today that my puppy might be home on Thanksgiving Day weekend!

The pattern I got from Now You're Knitting! by Leisure Arts. It's an easy pattern. It's done in one large piece with two strands knitted together. It's my first afghan as well.

I absolutely love these colors, I think I will have to make another one for the house.