PDA

View Full Version : I need help I'm stupid

nonny2t
10-01-2006, 08:26 AM
We just found out yesterday we are going to be new grandparents again and I found an adorable sweater I want to knit that is tied to the side. I need help as to how to make what the pattern called "I" cords for the ties. It just says how long to make them and they are 3 stitch "I" cords. They look 3 dementional so how the heck do I make them does anyone know???? The pattern only shows size 6 straight needles so I am clueless. Besides, I am still a coward and only knit easy or beginner stuff and have yet to do a sweater so I am a sweater virgin, but really want to make this for our new grandbaby. Feel free to get my email on my profile and email if you wish! Thanks so much, Donna

brendajos
10-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Amy has a video here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/misc.php) of how to make Icord...scroll down a bit. I would practice on some scrap yarn first just so you can see how it is done. You wouldn't have to make much before you got the hang of it. It took me a long time to figure it out because i kept thinking it didn't look right after the first couple of rounds. i found out one day that if i had just kept going it would have come out right :roll:

XbelovedXoneX
10-01-2006, 08:31 AM
There's a video on how to make i-cord in the basic techniques section!

XbelovedXoneX
10-01-2006, 08:32 AM
brendajos beat me to it! :teehee:

nadja la claire
10-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Congratulations!!!! :cheering: :cheering: Amy's I cord video is very good. It was through this video that I learned how to do the I cord. Happy Knitting Grandma.

Nadja xxx

Ingrid
10-01-2006, 10:41 AM
By the way--not knowing how to make an icord doesn't make you stupid. :fingerwag: It just means that you don't know how to make an icord. :wink:

suzeeq
10-01-2006, 11:20 AM
I've been knitting for eons and I never even *heard* of I cord until last year, so please don't feel that you're stupid. You're just ignorant about it, which just means uneducated. :) And now that you know, you've learned something new.

sue

cheesiesmom
10-01-2006, 03:02 PM
The only 'stupid' question is the one you don't ask. That's why we're (er...Ingrid) is here!

Ingrid
10-01-2006, 04:53 PM
The only 'stupid' question is the one you don't ask. That's why we're (er...Ingrid) is here!

:fingerwag: :fingerwag:

nonny2t
10-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Maybe I should have said, I felt stupid because I had no clue what the darn thing was. Personally, I think they should have put that in the instructions somehow, but that is me! Thanks for all the helpful answers. I have used the videos for a couple of things and they are wonderful so I will check it out!

Donna

cozy
10-02-2006, 11:05 AM
When I first heard of i-cord, I was intimidated, too. It took me a while to get over this irrational fear & when I finally did my first i-cord, it was very easy. Good luck!!