PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace Yarn

10-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone has used this yarn. I did a search and nothing came up so here I am. Could I just use the lionbrand chenille? Of course I realize I can, but is it wise I guess is what I'm asking.

I've never seen this yarn yet, I found a pattern for a sweatshirt that calls for it and I went to WEBS yesterday for my birthday present from hubby and they didn't have it, bummer. :pout:

Thanks for any help.
:heart:

BinkyKat
10-01-2006, 12:28 PM
I assume you mean Cotton Chenille from Crystal Palace right? Since you mention using Lion Brand Chenille as a sub?
YarnMarket has it here (http://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/Crystal_Palace_Yarn-Cotton_Chenille_Yarn-1468.html)
:happydance:

I have some for some pending flower cloths...I think it feels nice and I am of the initial opinion it's good to work with from those I've talked to.

suzeeq
10-01-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't recommend LB chenille unless you use the Thick and Quick - I think they've discontinued the regular one because it's marked down everywhere. I bought a skein thinking it'd make a nice soft scarf, but it's a bugger to knit with. It isn't stretchy and if you have to take out any of the knitting, a lot of the fibers fall off.

sue

10-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Sorry, I did mean the Cotton Chenille of the Crystal Palace. That's what the pattern calls for. I do have a ton of the LB chenille, the thick stuff, but I want to use that for a baby blanket someday.