PDA

View Full Version : TLC Cotton Plus Yarn

cheesiesmom
10-02-2006, 09:28 AM
http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=95760&PRODID=111817

Has anyone used this yarn? I want to make bath mitts for Christmas gifts but I don't like the feel of the one I made up in KP Shine worsted. I think sugar and cream might be better(rougher, more 'exfoliating') but this sounded like it might be softer. And Joann's has it on on-line sale right now. Anyone with a review??

knotmaker
10-02-2006, 09:32 AM
I used this to make a baby blanket, and a few hats ... it is SO soft. I don't know how it would work for washcloths ... i have nto used it for that ... yet?

cheesiesmom
10-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the fast input Knotmaker. I'm looking for something in between S&C and Shine. Sugar and Cream is stiff/rough, but the Shine is almost too...silky? And since the mitts are knitted with double yarn, it seemed pretty heavy dry. I wondered about it wet.

I guess I'm looking for something more terry-cloth/washcloth like. And of course I'm trying to keep the cost down since these are little gifts for the women in my office.

Whadda think?

suzeeq
10-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Sugar n Cream softens up with washing and use, so it might be alright for what you want. Make up a washcloth and wash and dry it a couple times to check. You could also make the mitts with a single strand on slightly smaller needles so it wouldn't be so heavy.

sue

Chel
10-02-2006, 11:31 AM
I :heart: TLC Cotton Plus. Its soft, it wears well. Not too many color choices, but overall a good yarn.

cheesiesmom
10-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Well, that's what I wanted to hear. I think I'm going with the TLC. Thanks all!! :muah:

Mulderknitter
10-02-2006, 02:59 PM
I see that others have beat me to the punch, but I am currently working with the TLC cotton plus to make a washcloth that I found pattern for. it is so nice and soft, and less than $3 per skein when you only need one or less thank one skein for a washcloth, I give it a thumbs up! :muah:

cheesiesmom
10-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the input Mulder. I was particularly interested in how it would work up for washcloth type stuff and your response was just what I wanted to hear. I order 5 skeins of the various varigated for the bathmitts from Joanns . At $2.29 a skein it's cheaper the KP in this instance.

(Of course I had to add a couple skeins of sock yarn and a pattern to get the free shipping. LOL)