PDA

View Full Version : OT- (But you can score knitting books) my other addiction

itsazoo
10-02-2006, 10:42 AM
There is a website I've recently become hooked on. For all you bookworms out there it is a great way to save some $$. Now all the money I would have spent on books I spend on yarn!

The knitting books get scooped up really fast but it is still a great site IMHO.

www.bookins.com

janelanespaintbrush
10-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Looks like a neat concept. Thanks for sharing!

cozy
10-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Cool!!! I love books, so this is great! :heart:

feministmama
10-02-2006, 12:05 PM
I didn't see any knitting books :pout:

JamOKnit
10-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Another FANTASTIC website, and the place I spend all of my time browsing when I am not here ( :teehee: ) is www.paperbackswap.com. It's basically a free trade with other book lovers and all you pay is the cost of the shipping, which is paid for you when you receive a book from someone else! Brilliant!!!!! I think there are some knitting and craft books there as well.

Jan in CA
10-02-2006, 02:09 PM
I'll have to check those sites out, thanks!

rebecca
10-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Very cool! I don't swap my books, though, I'm afraid that I collect knitting books like I do yarn, LOL, I think that I have 40 books now...and always looking for more :roflhard: :rofl:

SandraEllen
10-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Very cool! I don't swap my books, though, I'm afraid that I collect knitting books like I do yarn, LOL, I think that I have 40 books now...and always looking for more :roflhard: :rofl:

Wow! That's a huge investment. I don't like to buy books because I only like one or 2 patterns in the books and it just isn't worth the $$$. I'd rather buy a single pattern that I like from my LYS/online or just get a book from the library...

If the book had enough patterns in it that I wanted, the i would buy it. :shrug: