PDA

View Full Version : My poor husband's second sock.....

Old Knitter
10-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Last Spring I started a pair of navy wool socks for my husband. After finishing one, I thought....hummmm....it's getting warmer and he won't really need this 'til Fall. I have gone on to knit all sorts of things since then. This morning I noticed he grabbed a pair of wool socks to put on. After he left I decided I'd better dig out that navy yarn and get #2 sock done. He's bound to wear navy slacks soon and has every color but that.

Contiknitter Kelly
10-02-2006, 01:20 PM
That's the spirit!

Now start gettin' ta knittin' girl before he loses a toe to frostbite :poke:

:teehee:

rebecca
10-02-2006, 02:54 PM
:cheering: WTG, get rid of the second sock syndrome :cheering:

hellokitty165
10-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Last Spring I started a pair of navy wool socks for my husband. After finishing one, I thought....hummmm....it's getting warmer and he won't really need this 'til Fall. I have gone on to knit all sorts of things since then. This morning I noticed he grabbed a pair of wool socks to put on. After he left I decided I'd better dig out that navy yarn and get #2 sock done. He's bound to wear navy slacks soon and has every color but that.

ha that remind me of the other pair of sock that is still not done.for my hubby .. i might have to get into that soon...cos' the weather is getting chilly here ....lately i knit too much for others ...maybe i shld get that done ASAP ..

Old Knitter
10-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Poor hubbies...they should be first, but...........

Old Knitter
10-02-2006, 03:25 PM
A friend suggested if I didn't want to do the two circular method that I should try two sets of DP's. Knit the cuff of then the cuff of the other and so forth....then they almost finish at the same time.

knitqueen
10-02-2006, 03:28 PM
A friend suggested if I didn't want to do the two circular method that I should try two sets of DP's. Knit the cuff of then the cuff of the other and so forth....then they almost finish at the same time.

This is a great solution - it works great for me because I have a horrible time finishing PAIRS of socks. :doh: It even seems to make the process go faster.