PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gifts so far........

sop 1
10-02-2006, 11:45 AM
I haven't been here in a while. Lost my mom last month. I am back at it trying to get some gifts done. Did this tiny capelet and hat for our grandaughter and the socks are for one of my sons. Hard at work on another pair for other son, a vest for DH and a "Snake Scarf and hat" for grandson!
Susan in NC
:muah:

janelanespaintbrush
10-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Sorry to hear about your Mom. Looks like knitting has been part of the healing process -- you've been busy! Great job on everything. :cheering:

rebecca
10-02-2006, 03:08 PM
I am so very, very sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my mom several years ago and I know it's very hard. Please know that I will keep you in my prayers and am here if you need to chat.

Your projects are lovely :cheering:

sop 1
10-02-2006, 03:28 PM
:heart: Thank you ladies. I really appreciate the condolances and prayers. The knitting does help. I am nearly finished with the "snake" (a kit from Morehouse) and will post when it's done. It's good to be "back"!
Susan

AnreeAce
10-02-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :heart:

I hope the knitting continues to help with the grieving process.

Your projects look great, I just love that big pink button!

craftymom
10-02-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm so sorry about your loss. I love the hat and capelet. They look so soft and cuddly. Your socks look awesome too.

mwedzi
10-02-2006, 04:31 PM
sorry about your mommy passing. :pout:

your knits are pretty, though, and i love that hat. it's too cute.

Mama Bear
10-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Very sorry about the loss of your mom. Those days when you think, out of habit... Oh, I'll call mom and tell her about that! But then knowing mom isn't there. (((HUGS))) Grief takes a toll on the body so be kind to yourself!

The gift for your granddaughter is lovely! I love knitting for my granddaughter :) The sock colors on the socks are great too. What yarns did you use?

Mama Bear

sop 1
10-02-2006, 06:43 PM
:muah: You are the nicest people I know and we are all over the map! I so appreciate all of your kind comments. MamaBear you are so right. It is even more hard for me because she was with us so I keep going down the hall to check on her. My parents both lived into their nineties and traveled all over the world many times during a very good 65 yr. old marriage; had numerous friends all over the world and in NC and never just sat at home. Even so, I miss her very much.

I used Lamb's Pride wool/mohair (Pistacio)for the hat and capelet(stash from one for future DIL) and Treking for the socks. Sorry I cannot remember the colorway of the Treking. I'll find out for you. I usually like to match the socks but my LYS ladies told me it would be so hard and they are handmade so what the heck. I agreed.

Thanks again for all the kindness. :heart:

Susan the Sop 1 in NC

jamadian75
10-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Susan, I really :heart: reading the positive things you said in memory of your parents!!

LOVE the capelet set, and good for you getting a jump on holiday gifts already :cheering:

kemp
10-02-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss! :hug:

Your projects are beautiful

Amber
10-02-2006, 08:59 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss. The 15 year anniversary of my mother's death is coming up this sunday. :( I still think about her almost every day.

Your capelet, hat and socks are all beautiful. I really :heart: the hat -- so cute!

candicane
10-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Those are beautiful! I love the button on the capelet!

Candice

psammeadred
10-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Beautiful knits! And I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. You and your family are in my prayers.

(oh, and I have a corgi too!)

Rennagayle
10-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Susan, that baby shrug and cap are absolutely precious! :heart: The socks are great, too. I love the colors.

My heart really goes out to you in dealing with the loss of your mom. I still have mine, but did lose my dad a few years ago. When someone has been a big part of your life, for all of your life, it's so hard to quite know how to deal with it when they're gone. It's almost as if you have to re-establish who you are. You are no longer -----'s daughter. It's tough, I know. God has been my great source of comfort.

sop 1
10-04-2006, 12:04 PM
:heart: Thank you all so much again. I feel like a part of a huge loving community at this forum. It is so comforting to be "around" people (other than church) who are not intimidated by the world about expressing faith and God. That is a blessing.

Susan in NC :hug:

Sknitter56
10-04-2006, 08:39 PM
I, too, would like to send my condolences on the loss of your mom. My mother also lived with me until the Alzheimer's made it too dangerous for her to be alone. She's been gone almost 2 years and I still sometimes pick up the phone from work to call her. The Alzheimer's took her from us really five years ago, but it was still hard when she passed away. You're in my prayers.

Mary in Savannah