PDA

View Full Version : FO-Knitty Coronet

Jadzia81
10-02-2006, 08:33 PM
First FO item Ive posted here. I made the Knitty Coronet for a friend's birthday out of Debbie Bliss alpaca silk yarn. It was supposed to have been in a double strand of KP elegance, but there was a small tragedy involved the kitchener stitch on the band (ok, it happened twice, dont knit on 2 straight days of 3 hours sleep), and when I tried to frog it a second time the yarn had felted. So off to the LYS for something similar.

I think it would have been a bit better in the elegance, but what can ya do when the party is 1.5 days away.

Amber
10-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Very pretty! I've always loved that pattern, one of these days I hope to get around to knitting it!

What a great birthday present; I'm sure your friend will love it!

Jadzia81
10-02-2006, 09:08 PM
It worked out fairly well, actually. She finally moved the last of her stored stuff out of her parents house, and her winter hats got lost in the shuffle, so she needed to get a new one. I had no idea of this, so it was a very happy coincidence.

I really enjoyed knitting this. In fact, Ive started another one using Londra by lane cervinia, an alpaca/merino/acrylic blend. I picked it up at the last Smiley's yarn sale.

Mama Bear
10-02-2006, 09:47 PM
It's beautiful! The yarn looks SO soft.

Mama Bear

becjo
10-03-2006, 01:33 PM
I Love that cable around the brim - its beautiful! :heart:

Jenelle
10-03-2006, 08:23 PM
That color is gorgeous! Goes very well with the pattern. :)