PDA

View Full Version : Needle felting?

janie
10-03-2006, 08:52 AM
At my class yesterday some of the ladies were needle felting. WOW, very cool. One lady had knit a Christmas stocking and felted it. Then she has a kit with different patterns, cuts up pieces of wool & uses these funky needles & makes patters on the felted stocking. I have never seen this before. So I looked online for kits - must be really new as I didn't see anything like what I saw yesterday.

jane

janelanespaintbrush
10-03-2006, 09:13 AM
I believe knitpicks has a kit. You can get there by clicking a knitpicks banner on this site -- just refresh the page until you get a knitpicks ad. (That way Amy gets credit for the click-through.) :thumbsup:

sara_jayne
10-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Janie -

I bought a needle felting starter kit from Fiber Trends. Here is a link (http://www.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=Fiber+Trends+Needle+Felting+S tarter+Kit&Cat=&ProductType=6&Count=33) to one. You could search google for "Fiber Trends Needle Felting" and a few stores should come up that would sell them.

I haven't done much needle felting, but it is a lot of fun and I really see the potential for creating awesome decorations!

Good luck!

itsazoo
10-03-2006, 10:10 AM
I started needle felting before I learned to knit. It is really fun and a great way to get out some pent up energy. I made these pumpkins by needle felting. (wet felting is fun too! But somewhat messy)

This is my first attempt to post a picture!