PDA

View Full Version : Specific Toddler Polka Dot Hat

maman
10-04-2006, 08:57 PM
So, before I wanted to knit baby/toddler hats, I was browsing through knitting books and found an entire book devoted to baby/toddler hats. All hats. One of the stocking caps in there was shown on a boy and had been done in white/cream yarn with big blue polka dots all over it. Only, the dots were only edged in blue because the actual "dot" was a large circular hole created by the knitting pattern. I think you could see the boy's hair through the dots.

I am pretty sure it was in the round.

Any ideas what this book could possibly be? Or another pattern that is similar?

jmp3775
10-05-2006, 01:07 PM
I have and love this book. Don't know of the specific pattern you are referring to, but there are stocking caps and a pattern with dots that sound similiar. I'm sure you could combine two patterns to get what you want.

Itty Bitty Hat book (http://www.amazon.com/Itty-Bitty-Hats-cuddly-babies-toddlers/dp/1579652956/sr=8-1/qid=1160067963/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-6061034-3607366?ie=UTF8&s=books)

maman
10-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Well, I looked at the store again tonight and couldn't find it. So sad, I am! I really, really, really want this pattern. I think it would be neat to make a hat and then a matching pair of toddler pants with the polka dot holes around the cuffs (these were like nickel-sized holes, I think).

Haven't checked out the Itty Bitty book live yet, but I did look online and I think it is a different book (but if you locate that pattern, PLEASE let me know). The book store didn't have that title in-stock, but a bigger Box Store like Barnes & Noble might.

jmp3775
10-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Knit Picks has the book. If you go to their site you can look inside the book and see the polka dot hat I was referring to. I'm pretty positive it is the kind of open polka dot you were describing.
Oh, and I got my book at AC Moore. They definitely have it at big book stores like Borders, too.