PDA

View Full Version : Finished Recycled silk purse and WIP Simple Bodice

Eloewien
10-04-2006, 10:34 PM
I finished a purse in Mango Moon recycled silk-- I just need to find a button I like... came out absolutely beautiful!! I'm also coming along on my Stitch Diva Simple Knitted Bodice- I'm at the hip shaping... V-neck is a little low, but I hope that adding the edging will make a difference there. I love it! It's Nature Wool in a teal, although no matter what I do, the photos come out much more blue. It's actually quite a gorgeous color, I just wish I could catch it better.

callmesusan
10-04-2006, 10:36 PM
The top is going to be verry pretty. I love the color. And, I think your purse is adorable.

Amber
10-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Beautiful! I love the top! :inlove:

Eloewien
10-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Thank you!! By the way- this is my first attempt at working without a pattern on the purse, I know it's basic, but it's a start! Also, the sweater is my first attempt at a fitted garment, and as you can see, it's coming along fairly well!

Laura

Mama Bear
10-05-2006, 03:10 AM
The purse looks great! I don't know what price range you are looking in, but we saw some of Sheila's buttons on felted purses at a fiber fair and they really made the bag! You can see them here: http://www.glasspens.com/buttons.html

The top is coming along great too.. looks like it will be lovely.

Mama Bear

mwedzi
10-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Very nice. How is the Nature Wool to work with? It's on sale everywhere and if I get money any time soon, I'd like to try some.

tmsl
10-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Beautiful projects!! And you are a Laura from SW Virginia!! I am a Laura that grew up in Roanoke and moved when I got married. What LYS do you go to? I am back to visit and would love to find some LYS to visit.

Laura

lisa2
10-05-2006, 12:02 PM
What pattern did you use for the purse? I have a hank of Mango Moon Cotton Viscose that just might work.

Jan in CA
10-05-2006, 12:37 PM
That purse is so pretty and I LOVE that sweater! :inlove:

rebecca
10-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Oh, your top is going to be stunning!
Love your bag, too :cheering:

Eloewien
10-05-2006, 06:39 PM
No pattern.... just a rectangle 30sts wide, then when I started getting close to the end of the yarn, I started with K2togx2 at the beginning and sk1psso x2 at the end of every other RS row (every 4th row total) seamed up the sides.
I did a little bit of 3sts I cord for the loop-- just enough to give me something to loop around the button.

The strap is crocheted-- 3 sts wide, dc each st, turn, ch2, dc across until I ran out of yarn. You could knit it, I just prefer crochet for straps- less flipping back and forth. Then I sewed the strap in place. It's not my first try at freehand knitting--- Pictures are in my gallery at http://www.dragonwingarts.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=122

All of those were rectangles of different patterns, sewn up the side and lined with fabric. Feel free to ask for the designs. They all used cheap cotton yarns (yay for walmart) but gave a great summer look. One actually used leftover baby yarn (The light blue & green) that I had from another project. Let me know if you want any of the "patterns" for those. They're fairly basic. I'm perfectly willing to write them out, just shoot me a PM or Email.

Oh- and the nature wool is wonderful to knit with once you wind it :) It just catches on itself as you wind it from the hank. I love the color variations!

Laura