PDA

View Full Version : Update...WIP- Simple sweater...new picture (scroll dwn)

kblue
10-05-2006, 06:38 AM
I'm still a beginner. I've done tons of scarves, 2 hats, and half a baby blanket (it got so tedious(sp) i had to take a break from it and start something else :eyes: )all with very basic stitches nothing fancy. This is my first attempt at a sweater. It's for my son. It's been one of those weeks lately when you just feel BLAH :thud: so I'm starting to get to that point were i feel like it will never end and I just started it... I was so hyped when i started it...So I thought i'd post here to get some feel good vibes to get me off this shlump :ick:

horve1
10-05-2006, 07:30 AM
What a great start you've made! I'm loving it! Nice yarn choice, too. :cheering:

Ingrid
10-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Looking good! All sweaters get to that point. You look forward to the decreases just for something to do. Kids sweaters do get done relatively quickly, though, so hang in there!

Jaxhil
10-05-2006, 07:59 AM
It looks beautiful, and I love the yarn!! What is it?

I know what you mean about getting bored with a project though-I always have at least two (usually more!) projects going at once because I need the variety. It helps a lot when I want to knit but don't want to work on the hard project (right now a cardigan!) to have easy stuff to do. Last night I started a scarf (actually I started two, but I ripped one because I wanted to make it narrower).

Hang in there, a child's sweater goes quickly-that was my first (and only so far) sweater and I'm glad it was small :D or I might have given up!

It really does look good. I want to make my (middle) son a sweater too. Actually I remember I made one for my youngest DS too-so that's two, yah! LOL. I need caffiene!

Good work!!

kblue
10-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys for the support :aww: I needed that. I'm not sure what kind/make of yarn it is only that i know for sure it's cotton. The yarn use to be my DH old sweater that he never wore and never really "fit" into. So I unraveled the sweater :teehee: and when I got to the tag I remember it saying it was 100% cotton. So now I'm making a simple ribbed sweater (p2, k3). :X: i've just got to stick with it.

Jan in CA
10-05-2006, 12:35 PM
What a wonderful job you're doing! It's going to be beautiful!

rebecca
10-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Can't wait to see your FO, I, too, love that yarn :cheering:

CarmenIbanez
10-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Your ribbing is excellent! I am also knitting a fairly boring sweater that I know I will love when I'm finished. But it is just so hard to stay motivated!

sop 1
10-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Hang in there! :cheering: I am in a similar blah time with a vest for my DH. I have done several smaller projects at the same time. That helps. I love the yarn also. Please tell us what it is.
Susan in NC

callmesusan
10-05-2006, 08:58 PM
It is going to be awesome. I love the yarn and it looks great in that rib stitch. Keep going and send pics when it is finished!

kblue
10-20-2006, 06:56 PM
So here's and update on my DS sweater. For my first sweater i think it's pretty good. I'm all giddy inside :happydance: . But i think next time i should really use a pattern and not just make it up and go with it. TONS of mistakes :doh: . oh well lesson learned :teehee: . Now just the collar and sleaves(sp).

ebrperk
10-21-2006, 09:22 AM
That looks great!!!!!! I thought it was already done. You are doing a great job and cant wait to see when it is all done. He looks very stylish in the vest.