PDA

View Full Version : FO - Pinwheel sweater

emongamous
10-05-2006, 11:50 AM
I've been reading this forum for a little while now and finally decided to join because I have to show somebody the pinwheel sweater I just finished!

I got the pattern (http://secure.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=138024) from Elann.com. It's knit in Patons SWS (http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?LGC=sws) Natural Earth and Natural Blue on size 9 and 8 needles. I used my new :heart: Knit Pick Options (http://www.knitpicks.com/needles/Needles_Options.aspx) :heart: and they (and the yarn!) were such a dream to knit with!

I made the sweater for a nephew and while he looked super cute in it I failed to get a picture of him! Ah well, thanks for looking!

http://www.infiniumgraphics.com/sonja/sweater.jpg
http://www.infiniumgraphics.com/sonja/sweater2.jpg

KnittyKitty
10-05-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm not seeing it :pout:

IndianPrincessSIP
10-05-2006, 11:58 AM
So Pretty! :cheering:
I've been wanting to make this sweater for a long time. Love your color choices! Really nice work! And

Welcome~

KnittyKitty
10-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Ok, I clicked on the square where the pic was supposed to be and copied the link and pasted it in another window and it worked!

Excellent job! Love those colours! Maybe his mom can get a pic for you.

Amber
10-05-2006, 12:16 PM
So pretty! :inlove:

gardenmommy
10-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Spectacular!

Petals
10-05-2006, 01:16 PM
That is so cute. Love the choice of colors!

candicane
10-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Beautiful! How many balls of SWS did you use? I have this on my list of things to do.

Candice

rebecca
10-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Lovely :cheering: :cheering: I love it!

Welcome to KH, looking forward to getting to know you :cheering:

emongamous
10-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Thanks for all the comments everyone! Sorry my links weren't working, should be fixed now.

Beautiful! How many balls of SWS did you use? I have this on my list of things to do.

Candice

I bought 4 skeins of the SWS (80g) and had a little left over of each color. Took almost exactly one skein of each for the body and then I used the extra for the sleeves and edging. I was so pleased when I did the edges that the shift in colors in the yarn ended up right back at the original color by the time I got all the way around! Couldn't have been more perfect!
:cheering:

Kaydee
10-05-2006, 02:52 PM
How cool is that?! It looks great! :cheering:

feministmama
10-05-2006, 05:58 PM
:thud: that is SO beeyootiful :heart: :heart: What a great job :notworthy:

AnreeAce
10-05-2006, 06:18 PM
That looks just great!

:cheering: :heart: :cheering:

mwedzi
10-05-2006, 06:39 PM
:yay: That looks really really good. Great colors and I love the edging. I bet your nephew does look good in it. I think if I ever make this sweater, I will choose those colors, too. It looks really great, seriously.

Friskums
10-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Love the colors! Great job. ^_^

PinkRoses
10-06-2006, 02:47 PM
OMG, that's gorgeous!!! :notworthy:

nadja la claire
10-06-2006, 03:18 PM
:waving: Welcome. That's gorgeous!!! :inlove: :notworthy: I love the colors!! I can't wait to see more of your work!

Nadja xxx

want2knit
10-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Beautiful! I love blue and brown together. I bet he looks adorable in it. Welcome, too!

knitterma
10-06-2006, 06:59 PM
:woohoo: I LOVE IT!!!!! :heart: :heart:

I have been wanting to make that very same thing for my DS but couldn't decide on a color. How long did it take to knit-up?

Pixywhispers
10-06-2006, 09:10 PM
I love this pattern! You did a great job! It is gorgeous.

psammeadred
10-06-2006, 09:41 PM
I love it! That is one of the coolest sweaters ever!

Jenelle
10-06-2006, 10:33 PM
That's so adorable! I've been thinking about making that for my neice when she's older.

Mer
10-07-2006, 11:42 AM
That's great! I love that yarn too.

ctmax
10-07-2006, 04:37 PM
I :heart: that! :cheering: :happydance: :notworthy: Did you use up one ball of the natural earth before you used the natural blue or did you do a couple rows in one and then switch to the other one?

Lulu
10-07-2006, 08:53 PM
So beautiful...i love the colours.
Lulu.

emongamous
10-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Thanks again everyone!! I'm happy to say that my nephew is just as happy with the sweater as I am and lucky for me he visited this weekend so I got a few shots! You can see here I added an extra icord on the front just to tie it together, stays on him perfect now.

http://www.infiniumgraphics.com/sonja/avery.jpg
http://www.infiniumgraphics.com/sonja/avery2.jpg

:heart: :heart: Ah! He's too cute! :heart: :heart:

I :heart: that! :cheering: :happydance: :notworthy: Did you use up one ball of the natural earth before you used the natural blue or did you do a couple rows in one and then switch to the other one?

I actually followed the pattern ctmax, did 10 rows of a color and then switched to the other. I loved that they both had browns though, really made the colors meld together.

:woohoo: I LOVE IT!!!!! :heart: :heart:

I have been wanting to make that very same thing for my DS but couldn't decide on a color. How long did it take to knit-up?

Didn't take too long, I think I did the whole thing in about a week but I was working on it pretty non-stop! The body was no problem, what took me the longest was the edging! So many icords...

IndianPrincessSIP
10-07-2006, 11:15 PM
:heart: What a sweetie! So glad you got photo's of him wearing it. :cheering:

knitterma
10-08-2006, 09:57 PM
OH. MY. GOD!!! gimme yer nephew!! :muah:

Adorable! If I hadn't just bought the easy peasy AND devon's bonnet and booties from little turtle knits for DS I would SO be running to buy that yarn RIGHT NOW!!! :rofl: That will be his next sweater, without a doubt. You did such a wonderful job ... and the colors are superb. I'm totally copying you. :oops:

Thanks for the inspiration! *bookmarking*

Darcy39
10-20-2006, 02:04 AM
Do you have to be an exsperienced knitter? how hard is it?

cara
10-20-2006, 09:00 AM
OHMIGOD!!!!!! I HAVE to do this sweater for my DAughter in the SWS Plum color!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

You did a fantastic job!! just so gorgeous..

and your nephew is a cutie too.... he is gonna be a heartbreaker for sure!

emongamous
10-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Do you have to be an exsperienced knitter? how hard is it?
It's not hard at all Darcy, but you do have to be familiar with working in the round. The center of the sweater and the sleeves have to be worked with double pointed needles or two circulars so if you've never worked in the round before try a small circular washcloth or something first. The whole pattern is worked by just using yarn overs so I say go for it! This sweater is fun to knit!

pug
10-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Hello All!

I am starting this pinwheel sweater and have a question on how everyone that has knitted this sweater tied on the new color. The instructions say to tie the new color to the old color so you don't loose your last yo. I understand that, but when I tie on the new color it shows in the yo. Do you tie on your new color a few stitches before the last yo?
I am using an acrylic yarn so I can felt it together like a wool yarn. Any adivce would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Darcy39
10-21-2006, 03:45 AM
I knit with one circular needles in the round.Iam magic looping a sock on a 3,40" addi's right now I knit longies on a 8,16" I have knit on 11,16" a booga bag.

Tammy6071
10-21-2006, 08:35 AM
That's incredible, and beautiful color combo!

HeatherFeather
10-21-2006, 08:50 AM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This is OUTSTANDING!!!!!

I think I'm actually going to use this as a stash buster!!! :)

Your nephew is a DOLL. :)