PDA

View Full Version : SIL bday present -What would you do?

HollyP
10-05-2006, 07:27 PM
I am knitting my SiL the hourglass sweater for her birthday. Of course it is tomorrow and I still have another sleeve to do.
My bro and sil are coming into town tomorrow night to celebrate. They live about 2 hours away. Should I show her the work in progress and send it to her when it is done or should I wrap up an IOU. I am absolutely torn. What do you all think?
Thanks!

Ingrid
10-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Many years ago, I gave my sister a mostly-knitted sweater for Christmas. I just couldn't quite get it done. I wasn't the addict I am today, so it got worked on when I felt like it, rather than every day.

She got the finished product the following Christmas. And it didn't fit.
Once the pressure was off, I didn't work on it.

This doesn't tell you what to do, but since you are probably more responsible than I am, I'd show her the WIP and it can give you an idea if it fits, at least. :shrug:

Jan in CA
10-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Whether you give it to her now or later she will still be surprised and pleased! :cheering: Personally I think I'd give it to her now and let her try it on. Knowing that she's seen it will make you want to get it done faster, too. :teehee:

dustinac
10-05-2006, 07:45 PM
:cheering: what a great b-day gift!! I think I'd prolly show it to her and have her try it on... also I'd be more likely to get it done knowing she now knows and is waiting for it :rofl: