PDA

View Full Version : Knitting birthday gift! (and OT)

mwedzi
10-07-2006, 10:58 AM
I finally got it! I requested a Lantern Moon bag, "Indochine" , from my daddy for my birthday. My birthday was May 31st and I got this 2 days ago. :teehee: It had to be special ordered from a lys in California, and my Daddy told them to send it directly to Chicago. But by then I had already left for South Africa. So it was returned to the factory. Then they shipped the basket to the lys, where my daddy picked it up and kept it during the summer. Finally, he shipped it to me, so after the 3rd shipping and 4 months later, I have it! You can see all the beautiful Lantern Moon bags at the following link, which is where I chose my favorite, Indochine
http://www.lanternmoon.com/AA.asp

(and totally off-topic, I would like to brag about how nicely I've grown my Episcia "Checkerboard" http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/CopyofIM002147.jpg )

ae
10-07-2006, 12:35 PM
wow, that bag is gorgeous!! (as our all the knitty/crocheted things with it). also, i love that plant - i'm jealous, as i seem to kill all plants.

rebecca
10-07-2006, 12:56 PM
You have a wonderful Daddy :cheering: Great bag :cheering:
What a beautiful plant!! I am hopeless with indoor plants, currently I am growing gorgeous silk trees, though :wink:

Pink Dandelion
10-08-2006, 06:18 AM
Nice bag! :mrgreen: . We've had our own set of shipping issues before, but I don't think quite to that extreme :rofl:

Looks like that plant is positively flourishing!! You've done a nice job with it!

We once had a potted plant on our kitchen windowsill a little like that one, though less exotic, when a neighbor moved out he gave me this potted viney plant thing that was nearly dead, just a couple twigs sticking up with a leaf or two, said if we could do anything for it we were welcome to have it.

Well I brought it home, and put it on the kitchen window sill, a year later it was growing into the sink and over to the toaster :teehee: . We finally got rid of it since it was taking over the kitchen. :oo:

A good part of the time we had it the plant was sorely neglected because of multiple vacations or other reasons that we were all out of town for weeks at a time. We'd come home to a very dry parched plant - and yet it still made it everytime. Makes me wonder how our neighbors managed to nearly kill the thing :??