PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly shawl...again

Sknitter56
10-07-2006, 09:39 PM
OK...duh...if I don't get it right this time, you'll just have to take my word for it. I really am knitting a shawl

Ingrid
10-07-2006, 10:34 PM
That's coming along beautifully!

itsbecca1979
10-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Very nice! I love the color!

DreamWeaver
10-07-2006, 10:53 PM
how pretty! :cheering:

Sknitter56
10-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks, Ingrid and Becka. It's getting easier as I go along, but it's taking longer and longer to get through each row. :eyes: I work on it on my lunch break at work and usually only get two rows done and then when I get home it's such a madhouse that I only get to knit a couple of rows at night, if I'm lucky. But, I'll finish it one of these days.

gimmesanity
10-07-2006, 10:54 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Yay, you did it! It's beautiful!!!

Ingrid
10-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Thanks, Ingrid and Becka. It's getting easier as I go along, but it's taking longer and longer to get through each row. :eyes: I work on it on my lunch break at work and usually only get two rows done and then when I get home it's such a madhouse that I only get to knit a couple of rows at night, if I'm lucky. But, I'll finish it one of these days.

I felt the same way. My one change to the pattern would be to do it in reverse. Knit the long rows when you're excited at starting a new project, and get narrower and narrower. :teehee:

Sknitter56
10-08-2006, 11:23 AM
That's a great idea! I've got blinders on when it comes to patterns and I have to follow everything exactly. I'm so envious of those who can just knit something original and it actually comes out looking great. If I don't have a pattern or graph, I'm lost. Maybe when all the kids leave the nest and I have some peace and quet, I'll be more inclined to try something original. Our kids keep coming and going. We have a revolving door at our house :roflhard:

rebecca
10-08-2006, 04:52 PM
It's beautiful!