PDA

View Full Version : OT: TALLEDAGA NIGHTS!!! Rant and Rave!!

aineepooh1
10-08-2006, 01:01 AM
I took my mother and nephew to the movies tonight and saw Talledage at the dollar movie theater. I have watched a LOT of movies there but I had to get up and LEAVE during Talledaga Nights.
I know a lot of people are NASCAR fans and my 12yr nephew is a big fan too. I also know that Talladega is a farce and parody that pokes fun at how extreme, silly, and bizaree human behavior is..that is what makes it funny (ex: American Pies movies; Way over the top but funny)
HOWEVER, I was very offended in the movie when the Ricky Bobby said grace. I am a person of faith and i could overlook his ridiculous prayer but I was APPALLED out how he, his wife, and his two BRATTY children spoke to the grandfather. The kids said they had thrown his war medals over the bridge, they made fun of his old age when he chastized the parents for letting the kids disrespect him but the absolute worst for me was when the ~10yr son told his grandfather he better shut his old mouth or he would kick his A$$!!!! My jaw just dropped.. I did not think that was FUNNY!! I looked around and people were laughing I looked at my nephew who wasn't lauging and looke at my mom and I said do you guys wanna leave and we did!! I was dissapointed... I like Will Farrell but that movie IMHO was god-awful and disrespectful to the older generation!!

Jan in CA
10-08-2006, 02:33 AM
It's PG-13 so you'd have to expecty some raw humor and bad language, but that doesn't sound funny. I was always very careful what I took my kids to.

misstialouise
10-08-2006, 02:54 AM
Thing is with a lot of these parody movies (and I know a lot of parents who will go and see the movie first before taking their kids), is that even though they're rated PG-13, they're probably not suitable for children under the age of 15...

Nikki
10-08-2006, 08:57 AM
That's awful! Good for you getting up and leaving!

CarmenIbanez
10-08-2006, 02:32 PM
I totally agree with you. That movie is not appropriate for kids. It's good you left.