PDA

View Full Version : Where did you find your avatar??

aineepooh1
10-08-2006, 05:20 PM
I want to post one by name but I don't where to look to find any..
Can anyone help me??? :oops: :oops: :happydance:

darkhalcyon
10-08-2006, 06:11 PM
hmm, well. What do you want it to be? Mine's a lil animated gif that my friend made me.

If you have an idea of what you want, go find a picture of it and import it into a photo-editing program so you can resize it (has to be 12 kb or less).

rebecca
10-08-2006, 06:40 PM
I just took a pic and reduced it, like darkh said...what do you want? I'm sure with an idea of what you want it will be easy to find :wink:

Dilly
10-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Google image search is a great resources for pictures. That's where mine came from.

Eloewien
10-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Mine is a reduced picture of my cat :)

CateKnits
10-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Mine is a picture of my first knitted doll. :cheering:

pug
10-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Mine is a picture of me when I was about 2 or 3. My granddaughter looks just like it!

fluffypechey
10-08-2006, 08:25 PM
I would like one of my cats but when I resize it it goes all horrible and blurred so you cant see it.

What am I doing wrong?

I know if you type a search on google there are millions.

:hug: Sharon

RachelG
10-08-2006, 10:14 PM
I believe I got mine at this site: http://avatarity.com/

darkhalcyon
10-08-2006, 10:49 PM
I would like one of my cats but when I resize it it goes all horrible and blurred so you cant see it.

What am I doing wrong?

I know if you type a search on google there are millions.

What are you using to resize it?

Also, sometimes it helps if you change the format. (ie, gifs are smaller than jpegs which are smaller than bitmaps)

fluffypechey
10-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Hi I am using Microsoft Picture It.

Is that the problem you think?
Thanks for trying to help.

Jackie M.
10-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Google images is the best to find the picture you want. I went there to get a Halloweeen picture (love Mickey Mouse) and found this one. Type in the subject you want and you will get dozens of pics to choose from.
Can you resize your picture to make it smaller in another program? I use Adobe photoshop.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Mine is a screen capture from The Last Knit. Once I had the pic I wanted, I went to www.resize2mail.com to resize it.

I found that website and the Paint program to be all I need for creating my own avatars.

brendajos
10-09-2006, 10:01 AM
in picture it, when you save it to your computer save it using the "e-mail or web" option. it saves smaller and i believe, if memory serves, you can tell it how big you want it to save too.

figaro
10-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Ok, I have tried over and over again to get a avatar up here but I have to pullout the computer help card here. I went to the avarity website and found one I like and I resized it for here but getting it here is where I stop. I have a photobucket account but I draw a blank after that.

Can anyone here help me out? :doh:

CarmenIbanez
10-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Have you already saved it locally to your computer? That is the easiest. Just save it to your desktop. Then go to the "Profile" section of the site by clicking on Profile at the top of the forum page. Then scroll to the bottom. You'll see where it tells you to upload the avatar.

brendajos
10-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Ok, I have tried over and over again to get a avatar up here but I have to pullout the computer help card here. I went to the avarity website and found one I like and I resized it for here but getting it here is where I stop. I have a photobucket account but I draw a blank after that.

Can anyone here help me out? :doh:

I save mine into my photobucket account and then use the URL link they give and paste that into the profile.

Jan in CA
10-09-2006, 12:47 PM
I found mine on the internet, saved it to my computer, resized it in Paint Shop Pro and then uploaded it in my profile.

To add one just go to your profile link at the top of this page and scroll down. You'll see a box like the one attached here.

If the avatar is on your computer click browse and go to the folder that it's in and select it to upload.

If you've saved it to an account like Photobucket or Smugmug then find the URL for the picture and paste it into the second box. You can also just link to the picture if it's saved in one of your accounts.

Do NOT link to a photo from another site, always save it to your computer or your account.

Avatars can be up to 80x80 pixels only. Hope this helps!

fluffypechey
10-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Oh thanks for that resizer site its fabulous! :cheering:

Now lets see if it worked.

This is Mr. Snuggles he was dumped and rescued/fostered by me and I couldnt give him away so I adopted him.

:muah: Sharon :teehee:

IT WORKED!! :cheering: :happydance:

Is it too small now? :teehee:

figaro
10-09-2006, 12:57 PM
:woohoo: I did it! http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m109/FTBU/thankyou.gif

yeah_im_crazy
10-09-2006, 01:25 PM
THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!! thanks to this topic i now have an avatar, instead of just having a blank space for more than a year!!!!!!! :hug: hugs to everyone!!!! so who likes it??

Stiney
10-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Me me me! I love Beauty and the Beast! That and Sleeping Beauty are my two favoritest Disney movies!

Mulderknitter
10-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Im sure youve already figured this out but photobucet.com is great for crating avatars. mine is from when I joined another groupand saved it. It lets u save ur image after u resize which is cool

Freyja
10-10-2006, 12:35 AM
fluffypechey, if you crop in on your kitty the face will show up bigger.

Witchy Mama
10-10-2006, 01:39 AM
mine is me, played around with it in Photoshop and added my name, and wa-la, avatar