PDA

View Full Version : my right hand

Nikki
10-09-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm a leftie. I am trying to make the KP's cheater fair isle with the solid and simple stripes yarn. I've watched Amy's video and I KNOW that I need to teach my right hand to hold yarn and get it over the tip of the right needle but I think my hand is....well, I think it's a bit slow. I was so proud last night when I finally got it to do 2 whole stitches, only to find I'd dropped about 4. I'm blaming that on the right hand too. I feel as if I'm learning to knit all over again. :wall: I know/hope that my right hand will get it with time, I just wish it was a quicker study.

Ingrid
10-09-2006, 09:11 AM
I feel that way about my left hand. I can knit continental if I pay attention, but to use both hands to knit Fair Isle is too much for my poor brain to manage. It would take me forever for a single row. So I use my right hand for both colors. :shrug:

Jan in CA
10-09-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm right handed and I use both hands for Fair Isle. It is awkward at first and not quite as fast, but I do pretty well. Maybe it's because I crocheted before I knit so my left hand knew how to hold the yarn. I think it just takes practice, but every person has different abilities. :shrug:

mks22300
10-09-2006, 06:27 PM
I've felt pretty proud of myself when I worked on my first fair isle hat and was able to hold the colours in both hands and not get them confused! :teehee:

Nikki
10-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Okay, so it will come in time, if I keep at it :happydance: THEN I'll work on not mixing up the colors mks.

Witchy Mama
10-10-2006, 10:57 AM
I have the problem of being right handed but having to do things with my left hand lol, I can't knit with the yarn in my right hand, when I worked at McDonalds I could never make icecream cones if I held the cone in my right hand, maybe I am just a freak :roflhard:

Jan in CA
10-10-2006, 12:30 PM
I have the problem of being right handed but having to do things with my left hand lol, I can't knit with the yarn in my right hand, when I worked at McDonalds I could never make icecream cones if I held the cone in my right hand, maybe I am just a freak :roflhard:

If you're a freak, then I'm a freak! :teehee: :teehee: I am right handed, but have to do certain things with my left hand, too. I prefer to hold the yarn in my right hand for knitting, but I have to open jars with my left. Maybe we are somewhat ambidextrous? :?? :teehee:

Stiney
10-10-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm right-handed and can't have stuff in my right pockets. I have problems getting stuff out of my pockets, because my "pocket hand" is my left hand. It's the only hand that puts things in pockets or takes them out. It's weird. Also, I have to have all my bags hang on my left side. I can't walk if I have a messenger bag on my right-side. This may be a coordination thing/keep the sword arm free thing.

For the longest time I could only use a mouse with my left-hand, because as the only righty in the house, I was the one who had to learn to adjust to the mouse being on the wrong side.