PDA

View Full Version : hi newbie here from uk

chocolatecandy
10-09-2006, 02:37 PM
hi im karen and live in uk im a keen crafter and do most things cross-stitch/scrapbooking/knitting/basic crochet and now my new hobbie is dolls house miniture just bought my 1st house was wondering if u talented girls can help me was wondering if i did dolls clothes/layettes dk on 4ply wool and a sm thin needles would it come out sm enough for dolls to go in my house ???????? im doing 1.12th scale and advice from u girls would be a great help never knitted anything tiny before so dont now where to start 1st

rebecca
10-09-2006, 02:42 PM
I wanted to welcome you to KH :waving:

I'm afraid I know nothing about such small knitting, but someone around here surely will :wink:

chocolatecandy
10-09-2006, 02:58 PM
thanks babe and nice to hear from u

fluffypechey
10-09-2006, 05:42 PM
:waving: Hello Karen I too live in England, Norfolk actually. Nice to see another Brit :happydance:

I am afraid I can not help you with the tiny knitting :shrug:
Have you Googled it yet?

I used to do counted cross stitch, I was addicted to them for a while. I did the Row of Love one with the teddies sitting on the bed cushion. That was the biggest I did.
I see you do scrapbooking, I have never done that. My neice has just said she wants to do it, she is 10 years old. I have been looking for a kit. Do you think it would be better to buy bits separate and put a collection together?

Anyway I digress I am pleased to meet you :hug:

Sharon

nadja la claire
10-09-2006, 06:00 PM
:waving: Welcome Karen!!! WOW!! All those crafts! :eyes: All I can do is knit. I don't know anything about knitting that small but you could try www.knittingpatterncentral.com They have a section for dolls. I think Lion Brand has something for dolls too but I'm not sure :??

Nadja xxx

mks22300
10-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Welcome to the forum! :waving:

dustinac
10-10-2006, 08:29 AM
:cheering: Welcome to the forum!!!

chocolatecandy
10-10-2006, 01:28 PM
hi girls thankyou for the great welcome sharon i my self would put a kit togher for your neice asi find the pre packed kits u buy for scrapbooking theres alot in there u wont use