PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! reading a pattern...

sheshanti
10-09-2006, 02:51 PM
This is the text of it:

Next row: P3, P2 tog tbl, P to last 5 sts, P2 tog, P3. Working all decreases as set by last 2 rows, dec 1 st at each end of next 1 rows, then on foll 3 alt rows. 66 sts. Cont straight until armhole measures 19 cm, ending with a WS row.

The bold is what I understand, the rest I dont. Please help!!

Thanks in advance!

Special shout out and thanks to knitqueen from Western Canada.

knitqueen
10-09-2006, 03:31 PM
This is the text of it:

Next row: P3, P2 tog tbl, P to last 5 sts, P2 tog, P3. Working all decreases as set by last 2 rows, dec 1 st at each end of next 1 rows, then on foll 3 alt rows. 66 sts. Cont straight until armhole measures 19 cm, ending with a WS row.

The bold is what I understand, the rest I dont. Please help!!

Thanks in advance!

Special shout out and thanks to knitqueen from Western Canada.

The bold part is just telling you how each decrease row is going to be done, and the rest is telling you how often to do that row. Where it says 'dec 1 st at each end of next 1 row' it is telling you to do what you have bolded. Then you will do that same decrease row, every other row 3 times (foll 3 alt rows). You will do the decrease row a total of 4 times and will have 66 stitches once finished. Then you will continue on 'straight' which mean without any more decreases until your armhole measures 19cm. The last row you work will be a WS row.