PDA

View Full Version : Stitches East

candicane
10-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Has anyone ever been? I was researching a trade show for a client and stumbled upon this at the Baltimore Convention Center. I want to go!

http://www.knittinguniverse.com/xrx/events.php

candice

Ingrid
10-12-2006, 08:38 PM
bump

There are several of our illustrious knitters going. I thought I'd bump this up so they could see this.

Vendie
10-12-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm going this year! :waving:

BabyDill, Sara Jayne, MFG (my mom), Cate and possible Jeep Girl are coming too. We're just going to the Market on Saturday.

I've never been to a Stitches before, but the gals who went to Stitches Midwest back in August had a blast.

Are you planning on going Candice?

CateKnits
10-12-2006, 10:24 PM
:cheering: I'm so excited! Check out the list of vendors! Lisa Souza! Maybe I'll get the L&V yarn after all! :roflhard:

candicane
10-13-2006, 08:45 AM
I am working on my husband... for some reason he doesn't think it sounds like fun. I am in Cleveland, but flights aren't too pricey to BWI.

Candice

HeatherFeather
10-14-2006, 04:44 PM
What do you DO?

I am in MD...Baltimore actually, so it seems silly to NOT go...but I don't really have any money....and it just seems...ummm odd? especially with the MD Sheep and Wool fest here every year....

commercial please :)

candicane
10-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Question for those who have been... do you have to pay to go in or only for classes?

candice

VictoiseC
10-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Here's all the info: (scroll down to see different catagories to click on)

http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/events/EventDetail.php?EventID=28

Looks like it's $8 per day. Less if you buy 2 or 3 days. The classes are mostly sold out. Wow, the 'fashion show' on Friday night is $65!!! That's a lot isn't it!

I think I'm going.... I THINK I've convinced my DH it's worth a trip to Baltimore even though we are going to Rhinebeck this coming Saturday
(WHOOOOOPEEEEE) If I spend a lot this Sat maybe I won't be able to go to Stitches East. I have a friend who is a vendor there and wanted me to go for the full 4 days with her but I couldn't afford classes anyhow so I said no.

It's looks like a lot of fun and then there's those crabs to eat in Baltimore too aren't there? :happydance:

mwedzi
10-16-2006, 12:26 PM
I think I'm going.... I THINK I've convinced my DH it's worth a trip to Baltimore even though we are going to Rhinebeck this coming Saturday
(WHOOOOOPEEEEE) If I spend a lot this Sat maybe I won't be able to go to Stitches East. I have a friend who is a vendor there and wanted me to go for the full 4 days with her but I couldn't afford classes anyhow so I said no.

So you are going to Rhinebeck! I really hope to convince my friend to get me a ticket to go. I'll tell him that I'd really like to meet my forum friends out there. Is there a KH meetup there?

gimmesanity
10-16-2006, 02:43 PM
This is the same weekend as the NYC Marathon...BOO!!! :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

sara_jayne
10-16-2006, 02:46 PM

:pout: :pout: :pout: :pout:

CateKnits
10-16-2006, 03:18 PM

:pout: :pout: :pout: :pout:
I agree! :pout:

VictoiseC
10-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Hi! Oh YEAH! I'M DEFINITELY GOING! I can't tell you how much I love this festival. I think it might be better than Stitches East, although I can't say for sure coz I haven't been to Stitches but this will be my third year at Rhinebeck and it's the highlight of my year.

You really really really ! should go.

It's so much fun. I say it might be better because it's spread out in different buildings and if it's a nice day it's so pretty to walk around. There's food and cheese and wine samples. Lamb kebobs... But the vendors and their yarn! WOW. My husband goes off and watches contests by dogs or something, some fun stuff, and when we get tired we sit down in oneof the tents where they are parading sheep and llamas out and telling about their finer points, stuff like that, it's cute. I always get the most amazing yarn, I wish I had bunches of money coz you have to be careful and pick and choose. There are angora rabbits, I got some angora yarn last year. And I got spindles the year before.

You just pay at the gate btw, I forgot how much but it's at the website. You should GO! If others are going we should definitely meet up. Maybe I'll do a seperate post.

VictoiseC
10-16-2006, 05:27 PM
P.S. too bad you can't go gimmesanity!