PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Scarves Galore

Knitting-teacher
10-12-2006, 09:44 AM
I seemed to be unintentionally working on 5 different scarves. :shock:

1. I started off with the one which is my continental knitting project. (http://www.smallknits.com/angus%20angular%20scarf.htm)
2. I then decided to knit my dad a scarf (http://www.yarnagogo.com/good_ole_cabled_scarf/) for Christmas.
3. While buying that wool I saw some Kingfisher Blue which the perfect colour for my SIL, we had our colours done with “House of Colour” in the summer and when I got home I just had to find a pattern (http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=76&d_id=29&lang=us) which went with the wool and try it out.
4. I took my SIL's scarf to knit at school and I commented to a friend I would love to find a shocking pink wool as that is one of my colours. Two days later a pink ball of wool appeared on my table, so I felt I had to start that scarf. I could not find a pattern I liked so I just played around with knit two together and YO.
5. And finally some of the children in the Dinner Time Knitting Group are doing an Angus Angular scarf so I start one to show them what it would look like and have decided that I will finish it and give it to my nephew for Christmas.

:figureditout: Now I am thinking I might as well knit my mum and brother a scarf then we will all have a scarf for Christmas. xxx

knit-errant
10-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Nice! I'm sure everyone will love them -- can't wait to see them finished. :)

I especially like the blue one for your sister in law.

fluffypechey
10-12-2006, 01:45 PM
They are beautiful. I love the colours of all of them.
Lucky people getting a scarf as a gift. I dont think you can go wrong with a scarf.
I would be very happy to receive any one of them :hug:

:muah: Sharon

Mama Bear
10-12-2006, 07:11 PM
They are all lovely! Keep it up and I may have to pass the crown for Queen of WIP's over to you. :rofl:

Mama Bear

callmesusan
10-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Scarves, I love them; love to knit them, love to wear them, love to give them. Yours are going to be beautiful!

Jan in CA
10-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Those are going to be so pretty!

Amber
10-12-2006, 11:00 PM
All are beautiful! I really like the pink one!

rorygilmore
10-13-2006, 02:21 PM
I really like the last one, the color and pattern are lovely.

nadja la claire
10-13-2006, 03:08 PM
They're all great!! :yay: Although I am partial to cable and feather and fan. :heart: I love the colors.

Nadja xxx

Knitting-teacher
10-14-2006, 02:45 AM
:muah: Thank you for your kind comments.

Mama Bear I am terrible at starting things :teehee: Apart from the scarves I have a jumper sitting in a bag waiting to be finished. Everything does get finsihed in the end though. What is the most WIP you have ever had going at one time?

Christine

Mo0nAngel
10-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Yay Scarves!!! I'm a scarf-a-holic too! :D they all look wonderful!! :D I especially like the cabled one :) :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

mks22300
10-14-2006, 09:40 PM
I love them all, but I especially love that blue one for your sil!