PDA

View Full Version : soooo cold !!!

hellokitty165
10-12-2006, 02:04 PM
i live in the mid-west....and today it awful freezing here.... i still got to wait till nov 5 ...then will be flying back to Singapore...wow...and it snow last nite .... that give me no choice but to stay in door and KNIT !!!!! :X: xxx :balloons:

brendajos
10-12-2006, 02:18 PM
oh stop it...we will be calling this weather mild and balmy in January! :teehee:

psammeadred
10-12-2006, 03:12 PM
I loooooooooooooooove cold weather! Today is the first day that I've worn handknit socks this winter.

Psammeadred, in the semi-midwest (does Oklahoma count as midwest?), who dreams of living in a place where she does not need air conditioning

XbelovedXoneX
10-12-2006, 04:35 PM
I live in Michigan, and it's been snowing and hailing off n on today! I wasn't ready for it this early... I'm a fairly new knitter so I haven't even knit myself a hat or mittens yet! :shock:

mwedzi
10-12-2006, 05:41 PM
In Chicago and it snowed here today, too. Knitting certainly makes cold weather more bearable, but I don't like it, either. To this southern CA girl, Chicago is in winter for at least 6 months of the year. Will probably snow off and on (or at least be cold enough to) from now until May. Hmm, the more I think about it, the more I wanna cuss.

Ingrid
10-12-2006, 05:54 PM
:fingerwag: :fingerwag: :fingerwag: NO SNOW IN OCTOBER!! Back in 1985, we had a snow storm on October 4. The leaves were still mostly on the trees and we ended up having no power for 5 days. Not fun!

I'll take a flurry on Christmas Eve, and a couple of storms on early Monday mornings to get some snow days. Thanks for your cooperation! :teehee:

Nikki
10-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Ingrid-ROTFLMBO!
It's cold here too and supposed to freeze tonight-YEAH dead allergy plants!

10-12-2006, 06:46 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Yeah!! The first snow ROCKS!!

And hopefully it'll be the last snow for a long while. :teehee:

orcoastknitter
10-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Well I won't tell you all that it's only 70 degrees with a clear blue sky. :eyebrow:

I actually love the winter time. We don't get snow, but a few years ago we had frozen rain. We do get rain and wind during the winter. Last Christmas we had no power, no phone and no way to get to town (downed trees) for a day.

Now only if that could happen on a work day. :??

BinkyKat
10-12-2006, 07:16 PM
:shrug:
Yeah, get this, it was 82 last Saturday for my nephew's first birthday. snowed yesterday a bit and during the night. It's gone (eh, little on the roof) but I am amazed at how people here "forget" how to drive during the first measurable blast.
Typical saying around here, "If you don't like the weather in ND, just wait 5 minutes..." :roflhard:
We'll have a little more fall then winter will be here for the year. After the hot dry summer we had this year, I'm not complaiing yet...altho, my car door was frozen shut this morning :!!!:

psammeadred
10-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Typical saying around here, "If you don't like the weather in ND, just wait 5 minutes..." :roflhard:

That's what Will Rogers said about Oklahoma weather, and it's true here too. A few years ago, it was 80 degrees on the first Sunday in March, and that Wednesday, there was a record snowfall! It makes it hard to unpack winter or summer clothes, that's for sure.

hellokitty165
10-12-2006, 08:54 PM
winter you got dry and cold....summer you got a lot of bees and this year i got Wasp nest somewhere outside my balcony...last year i called the bee man and paid $85 for a 15 Second chemical spray.. :shrug: . this year the wasp died...cos it so cold.now ..maybe afterall it a good sign being cold..i m just happie that i got knitting to keep me busy...

mwedzi
10-12-2006, 10:17 PM

yeah, they say that here in Chicago, too. To which I always reply, "yeah, it'll go from crappy weather version 1, to version 2, to version 3 . . ."

:)

DreamWeaver
10-12-2006, 10:26 PM
you guys are SO LUCKY you have cold weater. I love snow, hail, cold tempatures, the works, and I'm stuck here on Hawaii where it's, like, 90 degrees EVERY DAY :verysad: I wish there would be a freak snowstorm so I could wear all the knitted stuff I've made.

rebecca
10-12-2006, 10:27 PM
I can't even speak that language! It never snows here..to us, snow flurries are a big deal! Although, this will probably be a cold winter (for us :wink: ) It's already dropped to 56 at night and that's unheard of before the end of Oct!

Jenelle
10-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Snow?! It's already starting to snow?! :shock:

How I wish it would snow... Last winter we only got one storm, but it was only 3 inches. :pout: And I live in PA!

dustinac
10-12-2006, 11:50 PM
I love to watch it snow... I just don't like it when you get that freezing rain with it (or when I'm traveling home for holidays wait till I get home or before I go).. but a few flurries I'm ok... last year we didn't have one good snow.. my little boy waited all year to have a snowball fight lol... hopefully this year he will.. and I fought all kinds of bugs this summer so hoping it takes care of a few..

snowbear
10-13-2006, 09:05 AM
I love snow, cold weather, etc. At work, the first cool day everyone came by and growled at me, lol. Here in KC, (on the stubborn side) we are experiencing some nice cool weather... not enough for the heater yet.. (at least not for me) but no killing frost. Once it does, I'll finally be able to breathe. I live for the winter w/ no allergy prob outside... Inside.. yes.. but outside.. it is so wonderful to breathe that fresh cool air!

hellokitty165
10-13-2006, 10:37 AM
you guys are SO LUCKY you have cold weater. I love snow, hail, cold tempatures, the works, and I'm stuck here on Hawaii where it's, like, 90 degrees EVERY DAY :verysad: I wish there would be a freak snowstorm so I could wear all the knitted stuff I've made.

U r lucky to get sun .... when you got snow...u got to shavel...de-ice the pavement and every time before snow comes u got to rake the leaves ... stay in air-con and stay cool :hug:

yeah_im_crazy
10-15-2006, 09:14 PM
ERGGHGHGHHHH its times like these i wish i lived on the east coast. i live in stupid california, where we dont get any snow. well, down here anyways. i think san francisco and all those places get snow every once in a while, but i llive near los angeles. the most we've ever had is like a hailstorm, and even that is amazing. i think a few years ago for some freak reason it started to snow in watts, which is a little close but not close enough!!!!! you guys are soooo lucky. today it was a little teeny bit cold here, like 68 degrees. well, most of you wouldnt think that its cold, compared to what your used to, but im used to 80 degree weather year round.:hot: blahh. I WANT TO HAVE A REEEAAAL WINTER!!!!!!!! youre all so lucky!!! snow angels and snowmen, snowball fights, snow forts, and even yellow snow. <----eww. :ick:

Stiney
10-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Lucky. Ha. ha. ha. Come shovel my driveway the next time it snows 3 feet. You'll see how lucky I am.

People who live in Hawaii can't complain about the weather ever!!!!! :pout:

Sara
10-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Better snow than earthquakes. :shrug: Everybody okay?

It snowed here off and on yesterday. Emma stood in front of the window as we were all oohing and aahing. It took her a full minute before she finally said, "Hey, is that snow?" :??

:rofl:

We didn't get any of the Buffalo snow. :pray:

mks22300
10-16-2006, 07:11 PM
We didn't get any of it either Sara. As a matter of fact, I don't think where I am we got even a flake! I know it spit a little out in Rochester and Avon looked a little snowy when I went to work on Friday, but it quickly melted.