PDA

View Full Version : favorite mitten pattern?

XbelovedXoneX
10-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Do any of you have a favorite mitten pattern? I have one skein of mmmmalabrigo that I want to use for mittens, but there's so many patterns out there that I don't know which one to go with! :shrug:

knitwit2
10-15-2006, 07:38 PM
I sure wish someone would reply because I have the same question with the same yarn. We will patiently wait. :oo:

Andrea
10-15-2006, 08:32 PM
I've been making some from the book, Felted Knits (http://www.amazon.com/Felted-Knits-Beverly-Galeskas/dp/1931499330). They are felted, and I bet with Malabrigo they would be soooooooooo soft and sturdy. I've used Lamb's Pride and some Patons SWS, but when I make them for myself (so far they are gifts), I will make mine out of malabrigo!! :inlove:

knitwit2
10-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Thank you Andrea. I have that book and I am looking at it right now. They are nice mittens. I bet they will be great made with MMMMMalabrigo. :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-15-2006, 08:47 PM
I made the same pattern out of noro, and they're really easy and quick. The mmmmmmm will be a PERFECT yarn, too,

XbelovedXoneX
10-15-2006, 09:29 PM
I couldn't wait for someone to respond, and I just finished blocking the mittens that I started and finished this weekend! :happydance: I used a free pattern from kpixie... the "tweedy mittens." The came out very pretty! Plus I think I have enought yarn to make a simple roll brim hat for myself too!

Dilly
10-15-2006, 09:36 PM
I currently knitting 'Hermione Mittens'. There's a link to the pattern in my signature. I'm also using Malabrigo.

Julie
10-15-2006, 10:06 PM
My favorite mitten pattern, today:

Using WOTA held double-stranded, CO 24 sts. Join and knit in the round, K2 P2 ribbing, until cuff measures 4". Put stitches on a holder and knit 2nd cuff. Then go to Knitting Pattern Central and try to find a mitten pattern that calls for a CO of 24 sts. :roflhard:

Really, I did this today, and I did find a pattern that calls for 25 sts, so now I can inc 1 stitch and proceed with my mittens. :mrgreen: :roflhard:

WynnieG
10-16-2006, 07:58 PM
The basic mitten pattern from Folk Mittens has served me well, and served as the jumping off point for many mitten designs of my own. I highly recommend it.