PDA

View Full Version : sort of OT: Front loading machines

newamy
10-14-2006, 02:43 AM
I'm going to buy a new washing machine. Mine broke. I'm sorely tempted by the energy efficiency and good reviews of newer front loaders. A good freind of mine loves hers. So those of you who have them, what brand and what do you think?
Then as far as felting, I know you can't check on ones project and you have to trust it to the machine but has anyone felted in front load machine with good success? I really don't think the occassional need to felt an item can out weigh energy efficiency. But I am in the midst of a felted tote that once knitted I will have to wash somehow.

ctmax
10-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi, I bought the whirlpool duet HT set about a month ago. I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: it. I can fit sooooo many clothes in it. If I am felting something I am able to stop the machine at any time through out the whole cycle. However I don't think it does a very good job at felting things. There are usually spots that don't get felted at all, and for some reason the item tends to get creases on it. Hopes this helps. Teri

Calamintha
10-16-2006, 03:40 PM
I had a Frigidaire Gallery for almost ten years and it was a great machine. I was able to felt things quite well in it. I was able to stop in mid cycle and open the door to check because the drum is set below the level of the door so the water doesn't leak out. Recently, we replaced it with a Frigidaire Affinity front loader and this one is even better than the Gallery.