View Full Version : OT: newbie here, wanted to say "Hi" (and thanks)

10-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Cos i hope to be around till my knitting is up to a decent standard (could be quite some time) I can't tell you what a relief it is to find a site i can ask my silly questions! Huge thanks to all of you who have helped me out so far, I HAVE NOW COMPLETED MY FIRST EVER KNITTING PROJECT (and am looking for number 2 - i think i could really get into it)
My name is Niki, i'm an English housewife living in Germany, expecting baby number 1 in about 6 weeks... looking forward to chatting and absorbing as much knitting knowledge as my "baby brain" will take :D

10-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Hi Kniki and Welcome

If you wanted a site where you could ask as many silly questions as you like - you've come to the right place - because you'll get tons of answers, most of them tinged with KH silly sense of humour.

:roflhard: :doh: :shrug: :teehee: :happydance: :woot: and that's just for starters.

How long have you been in Germany? Please write and let us know because we're nosy like that. Many congratulations on your upcoming happy event!

All the Best

10-17-2006, 01:14 PM
We moved here in August last year (hubby's job) It is a great place (most the time)... gets damn cold tho, might be knitting me a few winter woolies :D

10-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Welcome to the site!!! :cheering:

10-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Ah yes, "baby brain". I remember that. I couldn't retain a bit of information when I was preggers. What is up with that?

Hope you are feeling good, the end is year, and WELCOME!