PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Guide needed at About.com

Knitabit
10-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Hi!

This may already be common knowledge around here, but I recently found out that a 'Guide' is needed for the knitting site on about.com.

I emailed their customer service asking why there were no photos accompanying the patterns on the site, and they responded saying that it is because the knitting site is currently "unguided".

I don't know what being a guide involves, but maybe some one on this forum is interested! Here's the link to apply:
http://beaguide.about.com/

:P
-

knitwit
10-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Amy should sign up to do this - I know she's probably swamped with the site & all but I bet it would increase traffic here a bunch!!

humblestumble
10-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I vote Ingrid for the job! :teehee:

I LOVE about.com guides. I constantly go to quite a few of the guides there. Usually there are articles and blogs to just get info from. There's even a forum for every subject, and even polls from time to time.

RachelG
10-17-2006, 10:24 PM
I emailed their customer service asking why there were no photos accompanying the patterns on the site.

A FYI...

The previous guide emailed me to have all the links switched over on KPC. All Barbara Breiter patterns formerly found on about.com can now be found on her site, http://www.knittingonthenet.com --with pictures.

feministmama
10-18-2006, 01:47 AM
So does that mean there is no longer any knitting on About dot com?

RachelG
10-18-2006, 06:22 AM
To tell you the truth, I don't know.

My guess is...and this is just a guess...that since those patterns were Barbara's and copyright was hers, she is taking them with her, and the new guide will contribute fresh articles, patterns, etc.

No idea, really...

suzeeq
10-18-2006, 08:45 AM
So does that mean there is no longer any knitting on About dot com?

There is for now, but no pictures.

sue

Calamintha
10-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Yes, all the material that used to be on the about.com site is now on the knittingonthenet site. I'm not sure exactly how that works because of the free patterns most seem to be designed by people other than Barbara Breiter but she must own the rights to them rather than about.com I guess. Whoever takes over as Site Guide will have a big job building the site from scratch. The Forum is still active though with all the regular members.