PDA

View Full Version : seeded hat change to mock cable

candy
10-17-2006, 08:58 PM
I finally finished it and it fit perfectly but when I turned it right side out I realized I had 4 purls tog and there should only be 2. I did P2,*K2, P2 but because I was on the round I should have P2, K2 I think the shaping of the crown turned out ok. It is hard to keep a pattern when it is dec. The hat is not lopsided it just looks that way because I have it on a turnip and it has a bump on it. Don't feel sorry for me because I had fun doing it and I learnt a lot from you guys. I am going to give it another shot later. My next attempt is going to be a ear warmer and again I have to change the pattern because of the wool. When will I ever learn to get the right wool! I am going to use the leftover yarn from the hat. Also I am going to make the cable and rib cap from pattern central(Kirsten Dunst is wearing it) THis time I am getting the right yarn. Am I going to have the same problem with the shaping of the crown or is it going to be ok because I am following a real pattern. I am sending the pic but not showing the 4purls tog.